How to cut OUT soda/pop

Options
13»

Replies

• TreesOfYavanna
    TreesOfYavanna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I switched to diet, and I still have that (since it mixes well with rum :wink: ) but at work they have a Bevi that dispenses flavored plain or sparkling water, and now I am hooked on seltzer.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest getting zero-calorie sodas like Coke Zero or the zero-calorie Cascade Ice flavored carbonated water drinks.

I've always found it really interesting hearing about people who are so "into" soda. I love a refreshing glass of plain water myself, so I never had that experience. (Not bottled water though, it tastes dead.) But my roommate will only drink something flavored.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is addictive and often people enjoy drinking something that feels more interesting to them than just water. I think that's the main reason soda is hard to cut (that and many drink it pretty mindlessly).

For the caffeine, if you can it helps to cut back gradually. Remove a can every couple of days, or something like that. Or cut it all and accept you might get a headache for a bit -- it's not that bad, as I cut coffee every once in a while, and I drink way too much coffee. Another possibility is switching soda for something else with caffeine (diet soda, coffee, tea, iced tea).

For the feels special/more taste than water, try some different things -- water infused with fruit, chilled unsweetened iced tea (I love these, make them at home, and try lots of different herbal and other teas), LaCroix, whatever appeals. I'm a huge fan of unsweetened ice coffee, which I also make at home. Also drink some water if you can.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water