What Makes For A Good Protein Powder?

Options
What Makes For A Good Protein Powder?
Also- what brand would you recommend?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    High protein, low carbs and fat. high mixability. taste means nothing as I chug it. I have canadian whey protein

This, plus labels that aren't lies.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition (ON's)

Dymatize
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    High Protein, low/no carb, relatively low calorie to protein ratio. Isopure Whey Isolate is my powder of choice.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tastes ok and offers the cheapest cost per gram protein and lowest cals and % fat per serving. MyProtein and Cytomax Muscle Milk chocolaye powders qualify for me.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tastes good, dissolves easily and isn't filled with other non-protein crap. If I want carbs and fat I'll get that somewhere other than a powdery mix, thank you. I'm a long time fan of GNC's Amplified Gold 100% Whey Protein Advanced. It can seem pricey if you're not a GNC member, but if you are then you can buy one and get one half off or even free on certain events. I stock up on it if I have extra money from any windfall. It's a bargain for the quality.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tastes good, dissolves easily and isn't filled with other non-protein crap. If I want carbs and fat I'll get that somewhere other than a powdery mix, thank you. I'm a long time fan of GNC's Amplified Gold 100% Whey Protein Advanced. It can seem pricey if you're not a GNC member, but if you are then you can buy one and get one half off or even free on certain events. I stock up on it if I have extra money from any windfall. It's a bargain for the quality.

Except no it's not. The stuff is almost 3x the cost of MyPro's iso, even when said iso isn't on sale, which it almost always is.

https://labdoor.com/review/gnc-pro-performance-amp-whey
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yep myprotein for me too infact most of the people I know at the gym use myprotein it scored very high on the rankings.