Lost 50 pounds last year !!!! Then just stopped losing !!!!

Options
IJNIPA
IJNIPA Posts: 8 Member
I need some advice, help, ideas at how to get my body to continue to lose weight. I was steady losing around 4 pounds a month, then the scale just stopped moving. I'd really like to lose 30 more pounds. I've started exercising to tone up. I would really love to have some support buddies. Let's inspire each other.

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It's recommended you retake your profile every 10lbs or so, reality is as you lose weight you need less calories to continue to lose weight. For example I used to be able to lose on 1900, then 1700 and now I have to keep it under 1500 (still have 30lbs to go).
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    good advice above.

Also, if you are willing to share your height, age, sex, current weight, and goal weight users can help you figure out a good calorie target more exactly.

~best wishes
  • IJNIPA
    IJNIPA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. They have me set up for 1200 calories on here. Through my research, it said to shake your body up. I decided to go on a 3 day detox smoothy plan. Then will go from there to healthy proteins & vegetables. I hope this will be alright. I lost the first 50 pounds relatively easy by just sticking to the same foods I knew worked for me.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    So, you lost your first 50lb " relatively easy by just sticking to the same foods I knew worked for me". Then, you did some "research" which recommended "to shake your body up" you should "go on a 3 day detox smoothy plan" after which you intend to start eating "healthy proteins & vegetables." but your weight loss has, since the smoothies, stalled?

Accurate summary?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    IJNIPA wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. They have me set up for 1200 calories on here. Through my research, it said to shake your body up. I decided to go on a 3 day detox smoothy plan. Then will go from there to healthy proteins & vegetables. I hope this will be alright. I lost the first 50 pounds relatively easy by just sticking to the same foods I knew worked for me.

you cant shake your body up to start losing weight,there is also no such thing as a detox,detoxes are just fancy names for woo or laxatives.you are not detoxing anything,your organs detox your body.once you lose weight you have to eat even less or move more.

The amount you ate before(calories) will be lower because your body doesnt need the calories to lets say support a 200lb person(for example) than it does to support say a 150lb person.so if you are eating around the same amount you did before you lost the 50 lbs thats your problem there,too many calories