International Womans day

Options
Gimsteinn
Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
Tell us what you appreciate about the female population and what it is that you admire about the women in your life.

I'll start: I appreciate the strength I know women possess. It's a mental one, far greater than I've seen any man show. It's the strength they use to save their children, to raise them and to give birth to them.
I admire each and every woman with a fire in her heart and wicked grin who's willing to make her dreams come true.

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I appreciate the women that have worked hard and sacrificed to knock down walls to break stereotypes and be role models for my four daughters. I love my girls and I hope they can do the same for the next generation.

I got goosebumps reading that.. wow, that was beautiful
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You go girls... women are awesome... just google it
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    I may or maynot be subscribed to the youtube womens morivation channel.... i will describe with a big wink, because mfp seems to always delete my omogies.... dann you mfp... grrr
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I may or maynot be subscribed to the youtube womens morivation channel.... i will describe with a big wink, because mfp seems to always delete my omogies.... dann you mfp... grrr

That post should go into The Man Cave! thread
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Everything! They are perfect in every way!
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

That post should go into The Man Cave! thread

Lol.... i see what you did there:)
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I would be nothing without the women in my life..... they are the best thing about this world.... beauty.. compassion... sensitivity.... selflessness..... and they make me laugh and smile... I LOVE ALL WOMEN!!
  • SparklyBubblyBabe
    SparklyBubblyBabe Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm thankful that women like my grandmother and her grandmother fought to be able to wear pants. It's a really small thing, but I don't think most people think about the fact that it was "unlady-like" to wear pants 60-70 years ago!

I'm also thankful for women like my mother who toughed out discrimination in the workplace and made a path for women after her.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my mom. She raised four children and went to work when I started school and got her GED, worked her way up and was elected twice to the position she retired from - the second time unopposed because she was so popular the other party knew no one could unseat her. Every day she would come home at lunch and put a do a load of laundry and start supper and go back to work then be home to serve supper to the family. There was never a day she complained about it. Work hard, better yourself, and be happy and cheerful to others. Lessons I have never forgotten.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to spend the day watching out for my corn hole. Thanks, Deadpool!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I appreciate my Mom who worked 2 jobs while raising me as Mom and Dad to give me what I needed and teaching me the meaning of working hard for what I want. She truly is my hero and inspiration :)
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    My mom is the strongest and smartest woman I know. She had to be my mom and father when I was a child and I wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't for her. As a parent you hope your children learn from your mistakes. My mom lived a hard life and she made sure all six of her kids didn't have to repeat her mistakes. I will always be grateful and feel blessed to have her as my mom.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thankful for having a strong grandmother, mom, and two sisters. Their impressions on me will have lasting influence as I raise my son to treat women with respect, equality, and dignity.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I see it from the perspective of female POWER, which manifests in the world as giving, loving, creating, supporting, growing, caring, nurturing, guiding, compromising...as opposed to male power, which comprises taking, warring, destroying, tearing down, uprooting, conquering, ruling, demanding.

This is not to say that ALL women this, or ALL men that, but in general, when women are in charge they produce a more peaceful and equitable society.

See:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/470367.The_Chalice_and_the_Blade
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    A super sweet man in my office left each lady a flower on their desk this morning!
    Such a nice gesture

ae84p5pchfx4.jpg
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I am what I am because of the incredible women in my life. My mother, my grandmothers, my aunts – all of them had a tremendous impact on me as a person, and continue to be role models for my children. They are the strongest and most dedicated people I have ever known and not a day goes by that I don’t personally thank at least one of them for what they’ve done for me and what they continue to mean to myself and my family.
  • DustyRuth23
    DustyRuth23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that women like my grandmother and her grandmother fought to be able to wear pants. It's a really small thing, but I don't think most people think about the fact that it was "unlady-like" to wear pants 60-70 years ago!

I'm also thankful for women like my mother who toughed out discrimination in the workplace and made a path for women after her.

Actually, it was more like 40 years ago. At least in the south. My mother got in trouble several times at school in the 70's because her mother would put pants on her because it was snowing outside. (even though they were underneath her dress)