Protein powder

Options
Marymaj
Marymaj Posts: 12 Member
As usual jumped right in and bought two bags of protein powder and now I don't have a clue how to use it apart from maybe a smoothie

Replies

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i use my like this... mix with 8 oz of coconut water, 3oz frozen fruit, half a banana and a handful of spinach. blend well and freeze till time to eat. i let it thaw a little, but it is as good as ice cream. look at protein content, fat and cholesterol. protein should be around 20, fat not more than a few grams, if any and don't buy ones with cholesterol. enjoy. depending on the powder you can use if coffee, bake with it, put in fat free pudding, try it. many fun combos out there
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    quality is the key in powders. there are so many now and some are just filled with junk. read your labels and educate yourself. GNC is where i get the ones i use and most of the staff is helpful and know their products. quest salted caramel is my fav and gnc lean shake burn for the weekends when i really do alot. it has 30 grams of protein, but can be used split into just one scoop!
  • kouklagirl97
    kouklagirl97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it in everything!!

-Pancakes
    -Oats
    -Nut butters
    -
    -Mug muffins
    -Yogurt (I mix my choc powder with yogurt to make a chocolate icing)

I sometimes use it as a replacement for flour in recipes
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Here's a simple recipe - milk, protein powder, ice cube. Not knowing what flavor you have limits me from recommending other add ins. Play around with it and enjoy. Some taste great, but others not so much. True about quality protein. Price isn't everything. Check out bodybuilding.com for reviews and recommendations.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have used the protein in protein brownies, yogurt, overnight oats, as well as smoothies. Smoothies do not have to be boring. I have made the black forest smoothie, which calls for 1c frozen cherries, a banana, 1 c almond milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder. If you don't have chocolate, you can add whatever protein powder you do have and a T of unsweetened cocoa powder. This is one variation.