Sudden weight gain

I only ate some potatoes and oetmeal with honey ( plus 1.5l of water i was thirsty) and went from 111,4kg too 112,9kg :O ( i meassured my weight in the morning and about 5 min ago cuz i was curious but now i feel like *kitten* )

Replies

• Gondowolf
    Gondowolf Posts: 26 Member
    During any given day you are putting food/drink in and then it comes out again. 1.5 liters of water weights more than 3 pounds. Why would you not expect to show a higher scale # after drinking it?

Because its scarry for me and i start binging from the stress :s
  • Gondowolf
    Gondowolf Posts: 26 Member
    Gondowolf wrote: »
    During any given day you are putting food/drink in and then it comes out again. 1.5 liters of water weights more than 3 pounds. Why would you not expect to show a higher scale # after drinking it?

If weighing yourself after eating causes fear or stress for you, maybe don't weigh yourself after eating?

It doesn't provide any useful data for you.

Yea it's just a bad habit :/
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    If I put a brick in my bag, my bag weighs more.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member

If weighing yourself after eating causes fear or stress for you, maybe don't weigh yourself after eating?

It doesn't provide any useful data for you.

Yea it's just a bad habit :/
    Then you know what to work on breaking. :smile:
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Try to turn to logic rather than emotion.

First of all, what is your goal? Is it to have improved health, fitness, wellbeing? Losing weight can be part of that but its not the only thing that matters. Think about what your goals are, and write them down or share them with someone.

Second, what does losing weight mean to you? Is it about getting the lowest scale reading, no matter what? If so this is probably not going to mesh well with improving your health, fitness or wellbeing. The # on the scale is temporary and in reality your weight changes constantly. When you eat, drink, expel waste, sweat, etc Healthy weight loss is about a change in weight over time. So comparing your weight now to your weight last month might be more effective.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Sounds like it's time to step away from the scale and relax!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Sounds like it's time to step away from the scale and relax!

Agreed. I like my scale but this is one of those instances where I would endorse taking the batteries out and dumping it in a cupboard for a while.