Pregnant and getting healthy.

Options
Hey everyone! I was starting my weightloss journey of losing 60lbs and recently found out I was pregnant. Currently only about 5 weeks. I know you're not supposed to diet while pregnant and I definitely do not want to. Basically I want to maintain my weight which is also what my dr said would be perfect. Anyone else in the same boat? Any ideas from people who have maintained?

Replies

• B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would suggest talking to your OB/GYN about this. They will give you the information you are looking for.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I switched MFP to maintenance once I was in the second trimester. I was expected to gain weight and I had periods where I ate over maintenance, but it helped me stay under my goal of a 25 lb gain (I ended at 23 lbs up). If you're feeling up to it, go for walks. Congrats and good luck! :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I would do maintenance while pregnant. :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi. I am about 12 weeks and working on keeping it to a healthy gain throughout pregnancy. The gist of the plan is typically to eat maintenance during the first trimester as baby is still pretty small, then you start increasing in the second a more in the third. This post outlines alot of great information for healthy weight gain during pregnancy. If you have not, make sure you discuss a good weight gain range for you with your OB.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I also enjoy participating in the fit, fabulous, and pregnant group. There are alot of other pregnant women who are fun to talk to and very supportive of one another.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

If you want friend feel free to add me

~best wishes
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was very much the same. I was told no more than 15 pounds gained by my OB. At delivery I was only up 12 pounds.

Two weeks after the birth I was down 17 pounds from my pre pregnant weight eating like crazy, which suggests I lost weight at the same rate I gained baby weight right up until the end.