Keto help please

Options
I recently have started a low carb lifestyle and my goal is to reach ketosis. The first few weeks do I need to watch my fat consumption or should I focus on the carbohydrates at first? Also should I stay away from fruit in the beginning ? I've heard conflicting advise so I'm not clear on that. Thanks Everyone

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The group linked above is very helpful. Do check them out.

A lot of people start with cutting carbs and getting used to that first. Fat is determined by hunger. If you are less hungry you eat less fat and vice versa.

Most keto'ers really limit fruit, especially at first. You can have some if you wish, but it does contain a lot of carbs. Berries are usually lowest carb.

Good luck!

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just want tho throw this out there...
    Keto is nothing special, deficit is all that matters. If low carb helps you keep a calorie deficit, great do low carb. But just know there is nothing wrong with carbs.