600 calories left but no carbs

Options
I have plenty of calories to use at end of the day and I usually go through the day quite peckish wouldn't say hungry but yeah. I feel guilty going over my carb limit which is set at 25% as I've ready everywhere lower carbs help wieght loss anyone else with me?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Assuming you don't have a medical reason to limit carbohydrates, you can go over. The calorie goal is what is important when you're losing weight.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason you are not trying to go over 25%?
  • Hardcastle99
    Hardcastle99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What would be a calorie deficit for me tho how do I find that out? When I was starting, a week ago.. haha I was trying to sort my macros out and I saw a lot of forums and stuff that said the best ratio for weight loss is 25 c 35 p and 40 f and from then I've just had that mind set of feeling really guilty for going over carbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What would be a calorie deficit for me tho how do I find that out? When I was starting, a week ago.. haha I was trying to sort my macros out and I saw a lot of forums and stuff that said the best ratio for weight loss is 25 c 35 p and 40 f and from then I've just had that mind set of feeling really guilty for going over carbs

MFP will tell you when you put in your stats
  • Hardcastle99
    Options
    Does this look some what healthy?gihvojuqvrts.png
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    How did you figure out the calories you're eating right now? Did you just pick a number, did you use a TDEE calculator from a website, or did you run through MFP's calculator (which is a version of calculation called NEAT)?

Macros are really only useful for either exercise like weight lifters, marathon runners, etc. to make sure they have proper nutrients, or for medical reasons like diabetes (carbs), high blood pressure (salt). For weight loss, all you need is to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

you were probably in the keto forums...

as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight...personally, my carb intake is about 50% of my total and I've lost 10lbs
  • Hardcastle99
    Options
    I feel like 2280 is loads when I look at other people's diarys there on like 1600
  • TavistockToad
    Options

No veg?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I feel like 2280 is loads when I look at other people's diarys there on like 1600

I'm at 2150-2400 a day and down 10lbs - you need to find what works for you - its your journey
  • Hardcastle99
    Options
    Sorry for sounding like a complete noob haha never had to do dieting before really so not sure what's the most efficient way
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I'm on 1600 cals because I'm 5ft5 and 133lbs...

What are your stats?
  • Hardcastle99
    Options

No veg?

For dinner I had haddock and large amount of sliced greens
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Looks like someone needs to do some reading of the Stickied Most Helpful Forum posts here... Start with the Getting Started section, in particular, this one:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• Hardcastle99
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm on 1600 cals because I'm 5ft5 and 133lbs...

What are your stats?

I'm 99.3 Kg originally 102.4 kg a week ago today, I'm around 6 foot tall and just turned 18
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Carbs are usually 50-55% of my intake and I've lost 22.5lbs in 9 weeks. Your macro ratios genuinely don't matter - it's whatever works for you. If you don't think you can sustain low carb long term, you might want to rethink your approach.

Also, EAT. YOUR. CALORIES.
  • Hardcastle99
    Options
    I am eating 2000+ calories a day + 200+g of carbs a day and lost 117 pounds.

That's awesome! How long did that take?