Exercise

Options
Whenever I exercise I feel heavier and chunky , but after a few days without exercising I feel slimmer ! Does anyone else experience this ? I no it might be psychological but it puts me off exercising

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    No, I feel amazing after I exercise, that's why I do it!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My muscles feel bigger! Ya but otherwise, no.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    No, I sometimes feel dizzy or induce a migraine, but I have medical conditions that do this. When they're not acting up, I feel great after a workout.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I actually feel better, I get a bit of muscle pump which makes me look tighter and firmer.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Whenever I exercise I feel heavier and chunky , but after a few days without exercising I feel slimmer ! Does anyone else experience this ? I no it might be psychological but it puts me off exercising

What do you mean you feel "heavy and chunky"? Usually I feel great, albeit, tired after exercising. I feel chunky and heavy when I eat too much.
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    I no it sounds strange , but say Ive exercised a few days running my legs ache or feel pumped up from exercise it makes me feel really heavy and bigger and fat
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    No, I feel amazing after I exercise, that's why I do it!

Same here.
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    It doesn't help that I always weigh more after exercise too
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I no it sounds strange , but say Ive exercised a few days running my legs ache or feel pumped up from exercise it makes me feel really heavy and bigger and fat

It's not unusual to feel tired and heavier in particular muscles if you are a little sore/not yet in shape. I ran a half marathon on Sunday and my legs felt a bit heavier (not fatter, they aren't fat, but heavier, sure) after when I was walking around. But this has nothing to do with fatness and if it is putting you off exercise since you think exercise is making you fat that is mental and probably something to work on getting over.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Are you transitioning from sedentary to working out regularly?

Depends on what I'm doing - if endurance oriented I feel amazing. If resistance I feel dead, but working to exhaustion. I feel awesome after a good rest though.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself after you exercise. It is a meaningless number. The heavy feeling is the fluids in your body entering your muscles to bring what it needed for them to recover. It is a good thing, and is just one example of why how a person feels about something is probably not an actual good measure of what is going on.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It doesn't help that I always weigh more after exercise too

Likely water weight, especially if you don't regularly exercise already.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising and you will acclimatise to it and you won't get same degree of soreness/water retention (or only when you do something unusually extreme for you).
    Keep stop / starting and the cycle will continue.

If you keep reacting to normal water fluctuations it will only cause you stress. You need consistency and a far longer view. Water = short term fluctuations. Fat loss = long term habits.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yes this happens to me. I don't get sore anymore because it's been so many years but I always feel the water gain just slightly. It goes away quickly. And yeah I still get it and have been exercising multiple times a day for almost 5 years.
  • ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It happens when I really push myself or change up my routine. Which is good to do once in awhile as it keeps me from getting bored.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever had this happen. What kind of exercising? If it is a lot of cardio, could you be holding onto water because you aren't hydrating enough?