What do you do when the munchies creep up.

Options
2»

Replies

• JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hartleys Jelly pots. 175g and only 10 calories.
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I turn off the stupid food shows that are always on!
  • shannonmartinson747
    Options
    Or save some calories throughout the day, knowing that you'll have a craving at some point. I usually have a scoop of whey protein powder during the day or a scoop of slower releasing casein powder later at night.
  • rochellejoseph3216
    rochellejoseph3216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps.. most of the time we feel hungry, we're actually thirsty. Drinking heaps of water helps to fill us up :-)
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Keep your hands busy, in turn keeps the mind occupied. Like read a book, knit, whittle, do a puzzle, etc... Ya know the saying idle hands are the devils workshop.
  • ashleybarnette2013
    ashleybarnette2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    I'm sure there are a few amusing ideas out there that help you overcome those weak moments. Like mine for instance, if I change the path I drive home tonight I'll skip driving past all those fast food places and groceries stores. Instead I can get straight home and the craving will have passed. Anyone else want to share their strategies?
    go ahead and satisfy yourself with what your wanting just look at the calories on the back and calculate what you can have to fit your daily goal

• charluzny
    charluzny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Craving salty- pickles/ need sweet - apple sugar cinnimon. Bored and want to chew- frozen fruit ( blueberries, peaches, strawberries., etc)
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a small teapot full of jasmine green tea, or whatever tea I have available if I run out of jasmine green tea. I also have a navel orange with it as well.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm down with pickles (crunchy) and also sun flower seeds. It takes along time to eat sunflower seeds and there are some good flavors out there now.

The down side is the salt in both will hide weight loss, till you have a woosh and lose 4 lbs in 2 days
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,759 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested, I kept tweaking my macro/micro levels (within a healthy range) and timing of eating until I rarely felt hungry/crave-y when losing.

The exact formula to accomplish satiation varies by individual, but a good general approach is to review your diary often at first, looking for opportunities to replace foods that "cost" too much in calories with others you enjoy that are tastier, more filling, or better meet nutritional goals.

At the same review, look for things that may've triggered your bout of undesired crave-y-ness, like less sleep, more stress, boredom, habit, under-nutrition beforehand, social cues, timing of eating vs. exercise, dehydration, etc. (Sometimes it can be things on the previous day!) Then you can think of new strategies to try that may address the underlying cause.

After I got to a satisfying routine, I knew what to do if I had a rare case unexpected hungries when it wasn't close to mealtime: I needed a small protein snack. I started keeping something shelf-stable in my car to nip the hunger in the bud when necessary, such as dry-roasted soybeans, individual packs of all-parmesan crisps, or single-portion bags of seeds or nuts. That specific snack type wouldn't work for everyone, but it was what worked for me.