I want to lose 100 pound any help

Options
2»

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Don't make 8 million changes all at once. Start with calorie counting and once you get comfortable there add in some walking, then start adding in some moderate exercise if you want, etc. I lost 90 lbs and I think if I had changed my entire lifestyle all at once I would've gotten burnt out. It's so important when you have a lot of weight to lose that you lose the weight in a way that is sustainable long term.

How did you loose the 90pounds?

Nothing magical! Counted my calories, weighed food, logged on mfp, started with some very mild exercise and eventually moved into more intense exercise. As others have said, I moved more and ate less! :) I never gave up the foods I enjoyed, but I did learn to eat them in moderation and to fit them into my day. I stopped feeling guilt for eating "bad" foods. My relationship with food is much better now.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Don't make 8 million changes all at once. Start with calorie counting and once you get comfortable there add in some walking, then start adding in some moderate exercise if you want, etc. I lost 90 lbs and I think if I had changed my entire lifestyle all at once I would've gotten burnt out. It's so important when you have a lot of weight to lose that you lose the weight in a way that is sustainable long term.

This is excellent advice. I don't know about you, but for me, when I was overweight I was eating really badly (multiple fast food meals per day, every beverage I drank was a regular soda, etc.) When I started trying to get healthy, I started small. At first, I switched to only one fast food meal per day. Then to cut down on sodas, I switched to only drinking sodas during meals and water all other times. Then I switched to only drinking soda during my "cheat" meal, etc. etc. The baby steps helped me work on better habits without feeling like I was completely giving up everything I love. My tastebuds haven't changed and fast food and sodas still sound delicious to me, but now that I've actually seen progress in my weight loss, it's much easier to choose water and healthy meals than it was when I was first starting out.

Another tip is to work in tastey treats while still staying on top of your goals. I set aside 200 or sometimes 300 calories so I can eat dessert every day. Having an ice cream sandwich or slice of oreo pie makes it feel like I'm not really dieting, but I still manage to stay on my calorie goal.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    If you are fighting diabeties ... try to keep your total carbohydrate intake to no more than 60 grams per meal ... and try to keep them under 20 for your snacks. MFP will default to 50% of your total calories and that may be too many carbs for fighting high blood sugar. Just cut back a little every week.
  • Mandafaye80lbs
    Mandafaye80lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to lose 80lbs myself and get healthy. I would say since you're diabetic try low carb it will keep your sugar levels from getting out of whack. But be aware though of the sugar in fruit that can raise your blood sugar. I have lost 5 pounds in about a week doing low carb. I have high blood pressure and I'm prediabetic.My problem was I consumed crazy amounts of sugar from soda n candy and I also have an obsession with carbs . Pasta , rice, bread where my best friend's which was my problem and that's why I gained so much weight. I will say no matter what you choose to do to lose weight this app is amazing !! Put everything on here you eat drink and do . You will at least at the end of the day hold yourself accountable for what you're puting in your body. Good luck my friend and God Bless
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I've been in that boat (I mean I'm still overweight, just not diabetic). The nice thing is being able to plug in your food and see what it's netting you. It helps visualize the areas you need to work on - especially carbs (don't think watch sugar, think watch carbs) as a diabetic. Sometimes you look at the big picture and it's hard to know what to do, what to fix, where to go.
    1-2pds a week is good, if you find yourself always hungry at 2lb loss, then scoot down to 1.5, or 1. It's ok not to go at it gung ho, it's more important about finding a way that works for you. And eat what you want, just remember to watch those carbs, and stay under your calorie deficit.
    Read the sticky posts in the different areas of the forums, they're packed with really good information.
    If it's tough for you to exercise, but for health (and exercise helps your blood sugar level), then start slow, go for a slow short walk, and build up. Or find something that you enjoy. It's not necessary for losing weight, but for overall health, and again for helping regulate blood sugar level.

I was a bad diabetic, I still had ice cream, chocolate, etc. I just made sure they fit into both my calorie's for the day, and into my carb macros. There were a few days (cough...just a few, right) that were bad, but I just buckled down the day after and kept going. Sometimes the hardest part is to keep going but if I can, you can. :smile:
  • merrellmichael03
    merrellmichael03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Blitzia wrote: »

This is excellent advice. I don't know about you, but for me, when I was overweight I was eating really badly (multiple fast food meals per day, every beverage I drank was a regular soda, etc.) When I started trying to get healthy, I started small. At first, I switched to only one fast food meal per day. Then to cut down on sodas, I switched to only drinking sodas during meals and water all other times. Then I switched to only drinking soda during my "cheat" meal, etc. etc. The baby steps helped me work on better habits without feeling like I was completely giving up everything I love. My tastebuds haven't changed and fast food and sodas still sound delicious to me, but now that I've actually seen progress in my weight loss, it's much easier to choose water and healthy meals than it was when I was first starting out.

Another tip is to work in tastey treats while still staying on top of your goals. I set aside 200 or sometimes 300 calories so I can eat dessert every day. Having an ice cream sandwich or slice of oreo pie makes it feel like I'm not really dieting, but I still manage to stay on my calorie goal.

This times 1000
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It was bloodwork from the DR that finally kicked my butt in gear, I'm targeting to lose 100 in 2017.
    Down 28 so far through diet alone.

Several of us on the -100 journey are in a group, all are welcome.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119238-lets-lose-it-100-lbs
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    People fail because they quit. DON'T QUIT. You will make some bad choices as you go. Forgive, learn, and stick with it. Try new foods. Track everything. And don't quit.