Grain Free Belly Blaster Diet

Options
llm161
llm161 Posts: 14 Member
I am trying to go grain-free to both lose weight and get healthier. So far, after a month, I am sleeping better. . . . that's about it. I lost 5 pounds the first week and nothing since.

I am going to try dropping the carbs, which is one suggestion, but I have two medications that make it difficult to lose weight. I can't drop them so, I have to deal with it. I'm thinking now that I may need to see a nutrtionist. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Linda

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories. Are you logging your food and staying under your calorie goal? That first five pounds is only water, so ...I'd say you have been eating at your maintenance amount. Log accurately, stay within your calorie goal.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    That's sound advice from you to you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Linda.

If you are going to seek advice, please see a Registered Dietician, and not a Nutritionist.

Anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist - there are online 'courses' you can complete in a weekend and then get your 'certification.'

A Registered Dietician, however, has obtained a recognized degree after years of study at the college level, and would definitely know their stuff.

Out of curiousity, which medications are causing you to have difficulty losing weight?

And about a "Belly Blaster Diet" - you cannot diet or exercise for specific body area weight loss. The fat will come off where it will, which is often a case of genetics. For a lot of people, the midsection is the very last area that excess fat sheds from. :(
  • llm161
    llm161 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Actually the book is called Wheat Belly 10 day Grain detox. The Belly Blaster comes in with some of the "treats" you can make . .. . . basically, they include a lot of coconut oil. . .. . My theory is that my belly area was big when I weighed 120 pounds so of course, in comparison, it's bigger at 220 pounds. I've gotten myself down to 170 on LA WEight Loss about 10 years ago but can't drop anything now. I can't believe I don't miss the bread but I'm okay. It's pizza . .. .. Oh my . . . . Meds - I'm on generic for Paxil, Wellbutrin, Crestor, and whatever I'm taking now for blood pressure. Cant remember that one at the moment.