Cardio. Whats your motivation?

Options
I actually enjoy cardio. What keeps you motivated as far as your workouts? I think a playlist is mandatory.

What is everyone's go to music? I'm getting tired of the same ol' songs.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    I love cycling.
    I especially love long distance cycling ... like ultra-distance cycling.
    If I want to do the long distance cycling events, I need to get out there and ride. And also do other activity/exercise as well.

That's enough motivation for me. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I agree that music makes all the difference. Exercising to fun songs is soon much easier than watching t.v. ..and staring at a wall with nothing to listen to is the worst.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I love cycling.
    I especially love long distance cycling ... like ultra-distance cycling.
    If I want to do the long distance cycling events, I need to get out there and ride. And also do other activity/exercise as well.

That's enough motivation for me. :)

And being able to get outside into nature really helps too. There's just something energising about sunshine and fresh air and scenery. :)

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No clue. I hate it. I was walking on a treadmill next to the new guy I'm seeing. He is a marathon runner. His running inspired me to run for like 7 minutes then I went back to my chubby girl power lifter walk
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I run because I am so in love with it. I manage my OCD with running, it is all positive for me.

Re: Playlist building I find " 'Til I Collapse" (Eminem), "Run the World" (Beyonce) and "Cherry Bomb" (The Runaways) are all good
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A nice round booty LOL
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've got a couple of cardio machines in my living room so that I can watch, not so much hear, tv while working. I'm partial to the military channels for the abundance of gun camera videos of death and destruction. One of the machines, something called a strider, has me doing a cross-country ski action with arms and legs pushing and pulling. It's actually quite engaging to observe the accumulating calories on the little LED display, observe the imputed heart rate, observe the elapsed time and observe the total number of strokes as each bit of info is displayed twice each minute. I find myself trying to work harder at it to keep the imputed calorie burn and imputed heart rate high. I say "imputed" because the the machine is only counting strokes. The faster I stroke, the higher it credits for heart rate and calorie burn. At the end of an hour, it's accused me of burning 1000 calories and I'm exhausted and sweaty. And can't sleep. Dang.

Sometimes the weather is lovely and I'd rather get out on my bicycle for some high speed cardio. I don't have anything for taking music along and don't miss it.
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Running outside and I use Spotify for different play lists. This is how I am able to still enjoy my ice cream and chocolate without sacrificing other meals.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I mix it up between music and podcasts - comedy in particular just makes the hour fly by :)