M-F routine

Options
Hello! So, I have recently joined a new gym & have been trying to start my fitness journey! I have a goal set, to lose 30lbs & tone my body (get rid of the muffin top & baby pouch covering my abs), but I have no clue what do make my Monday-Friday "routine" to achieve theses goals. Anybody who has lost/toned who can point me in the right direction? Thank you ☺️

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Do the exercises that you enjoy and that challenge you. Many will go with a mix of cardio and strength/resistance training. But ultimately, weight loss comes down to having a calorie deficit, so make sure you're logging your food as accurately as possible.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android phone you can download an app called GymMentor. They give you basic routines based on your goals (i.e. get a lean body) I'm new to the gym and that app is helping me a lot with the routines. Good luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Cardio burns calories while you're doing cardio. Weightlifting, serious weightlifting, and you can do serious, burns calories for many hours after you've lifted.

You decide how you want to use that information. Weightlifting seriously is anaerobic, it doesn't burn a lot of energy while you're doing it. It causes minor tissue damage to your muscles and for a couple of days calories are burned while the muscle is repaired bigger and stronger. That's the 'good' soreness.
    Cardio is aerobic. It burns a lot of energy while you're doing it. If you find that doing cardio makes you eat muffins, that's a problem.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    +1 to try different things, and see what you enjoy. If you enjoy it, you're more likely to do it. It doesn't matter how theoretically calorie-burning something is, if you're not doing it.

One small piece of advice: Don't give up too quickly on any one thing, as you try things out. Anything moderately complicated (harder to do at first) will feel awkward and generally difficult/frustrating at first. Give yourself a chance to get over the total-newbie klutz-y feeling.

More complicated things, for some of us, prove to be more fun and interesting in the long run, but one has to get past that awkward stage to find that out. Others prefer easy things they can do mindlessly while watching TV or something, though. Find out what you like.