Breakfast

Options
Hello all,

In the morning do a 45 minute Zumba workout and 20 minute power walk following that. Before my workout routine I take an Herbalife shake with 2/3 cup milk mixed in(about 170 cals). I'm looking for breakfast ideas and I'm allergic to eggs and avocado. Right now I have 1/2 a cup oatmeal, with an apple, 15g of almond butter, 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds but get the spins soon after as if it lacks something. Pls help

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    This is what I came up with... after your workout, your meal looks like this: 309cal, 42carbs, 13fat, 11protien and 9sugar. Personally, I would load up a lot more and shoot for at least 20 protein. For around 300 cal, you could eat a protein bar like zone perfect fudge graham and a 90 cal Greek yogurt which would give you 29protein, 30carbs, 7fat, 29protein, and 19sugar. Just a thought. Up your protein after your workout and see if that helps.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Well, technically, the shake is your breakfast. Anyway, you have to do some trial and error because what works for you will be personal to you. Just try some different things, for instance different combinations of meat/fish/cheese, starch, vegetable and fruit. Maybe you're reacting to not eating before working out and you should eat the meal before the workout instead (and dump the shake). Maybe you are really reacting to the shake.
  • madiflake
    madiflake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon! Or Apple Chicken Sausage (takes 30 seconds to make). Both are so yummy! you need some serious protein if you want to stay full. You can also have dinner for breakfast and just make chicken and veggies or something along those lines.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Turkey wrap would be good. I love turkey for breakfast.