Leslie Sansone

Options
Hi , I am getting bored of the elliptical and need a new workout. Yesterday , I found Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk on Youtube and LOVED IT ! Although , I only burned about 85 calories , it was great. Anyone bought Leslie Sansone's CDs ? Are they worth it ? Would love to see some reviews !

Replies

• Starbucksgirl3
    Starbucksgirl3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes. I own several. I recommend them to my patients. She is delightful company if you need someone to motivate you.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I used her 5-mile walk video when I was recovering from an illness. It got me moving, but was low-intensity and not too tiring. Leslie is really friendly and approachable! I like her workouts!
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This woman has literally saved my life. When I was obese there weren't many workouts I could do. Even a 1/2 mile was a challenge, but I kept going and she helped me to lose and keep off 80+ pounds.

Now I'm doing 4 - 5 miles with her everyday this month with ease (I'm in a challenge).

Per mile there's not much of a calorie burn, but after 3+ miles they do add up. And I find her workouts don't stress me out, make me tired or sore (so I can do other workouts too) and they don't make me hungry.

If you can handle her cheerfulness and chatter I say they are worth it!

I feel the same ! Like I usually feel exhausted and hungry after some cardio workouts and am too tired to strength train , but her workout left me energized and not hungry at all .
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I used her DVDs years ago. My dog made it a challenge as she kept biting my feet to make me stop. It was unapproved unauthorized activity in her mind. Lol. Great workout but after I learned the routines I had to turn the sound off and have my stereo going at the same time...the chatter got to me! Lol
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Check your local library. Mine has a bunch of DVDs of hers. You could get a different one each week and change it up. I started with her DVDs and then gifted them to my Mom when I moved on to something else.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This woman has literally saved my life. When I was obese there weren't many workouts I could do. Even a 1/2 mile was a challenge, but I kept going and she helped me to lose and keep off 80+ pounds.

Now I'm doing 4 - 5 miles with her everyday this month with ease (I'm in a challenge).

Per mile there's not much of a calorie burn, but after 3+ miles they do add up. And I find her workouts don't stress me out, make me tired or sore (so I can do other workouts too) and they don't make me hungry.

If you can handle her cheerfulness and chatter I say they are worth it!

I feel the same ! Like I usually feel exhausted and hungry after some cardio workouts and am too tired to strength train , but her workout left me energized and not hungry at all .

Exactly! I used to think that you had to do intense exercise to see results, but that's not true. Sure it may take longer, but I wasn't in pain or dread working out like some of the others I tried so that made me want to continue.

wizzybeth wrote: »
    I used her DVDs years ago. My dog made it a challenge as she kept biting my feet to make me stop. It was unapproved unauthorized activity in her mind. Lol. Great workout but after I learned the routines I had to turn the sound off and have my stereo going at the same time...the chatter got to me! Lol

LOL! When I first got my puppy he used to think it was play time whenever I used these workouts. I did them so much that he eventually got bored. lol

Bianca42 wrote: »
    Check your local library. Mine has a bunch of DVDs of hers. You could get a different one each week and change it up. I started with her DVDs and then gifted them to my Mom when I moved on to something else.

Great point about the library! My local one has a lot and I've even requested several. It takes weeks to get, but it's great being able to use the whole dvd before buying.