Emotional/Binge Eaters

Options
2»

Replies

• mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Fast food is my poison...in the past if I was feeling bad or upset, I would literally make myself sick eating the junk. Chips and Hawaiian sweet rolls too...lol. So like many said here...I don't have it in my house....and I don't go to fast food places. I also talk myself through some of it because I do have some things for my son for his lunches I have often "looked" at during an emotional episode...and I tell myself "is it worth it"...I too look it up on MFP to remind me what I am trying to do and if it is because I am alone, lonely that kinda thing....I go for a walk or do something non-TV related because that is a trigger for me as well:) Good luck! This site is awesome for a distraction too!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the dreaded weekends. I use the "but it's Friday" excuse. And I also get sucked into the couch/plate of food/netflix trap. My husband works nights and I work days so it's especially hard when I feel lonely. I eat and curl up and watch TV.

Back when I abused alcohol, my Addictive Voice used the weekend as an excuse all the time. Or I had a hard day, or I'm lonely, etc. ad nauseum. I went to a few Smart Recovery and Rational Recovery meetings and learned cognitive behavioral techniques to shut that voice down.

My stress level is much better now that I make a point of exercising regularly, but feel like I could use a CBT refresher, and bought The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person. They have this in my library system but I wanted to be able to write in it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. It helps to know I am not alone in this. I have had to force myself to get rid of anything that I will binge on. Chips and ice cream are my go to indulgences. I have to force myself to not buy them.

Ya, there are some foods I simply cannot have in the house anymore.