Anyone completed 30 day shred?

Options
naf2014
naf2014 Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone, my first post here. I started 30 day shred today after hearing lots of positive stories, but most people do other forms of exercise too. So I'm wondering whether there's anyone who did 30 day shred only (and eating clean), and got good results. I'm tied for time, between two kids (one home school and other year old), so like the idea of half an hour workout. I did start on stationary bike, but I want need to do strength and cardio in that small window. Thank you :)

Replies

• Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    T25, is your answer
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I did mainly 30 day shred one summer when I had children with me all day. Lots of walking too. I found it increased my cardiac fitness and when I ran I felt more comfortable. You mention eating clean- that's okay but if you want to loose weight you need to eat less calories than you burn in a day. 30 day shred doesn't burn that many calories- I've heard it burns a similar number of calories per session as you weigh in pounds. So if I weigh 150 pounds I log 150 calories burnt for the 25 mins of 30 day shred.
    I found the 30ds quite intensive so I did it every other day and took two months to complete the three stages (doing ten of each session ).
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the shred but I did Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 twice. Honestly I think my weight loss during that time was a result of eating better but I lost 13" between the two rounds.
  • noodl20
    noodl20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred and lost only 7 pounds, but 2.5 inches in the waist and 1.5 in the hips. It really fits in with time. I don't have a lot of time either. I started Ripped in 30 and am almost done with that. I haven't lost much weight, mostly because I haven't stuck to the diet well this month. But I can feel my arms and legs getting stronger. I just bought Gillian's just working on the abs and am going to give that a go here in a week.
  • tamarapickens
    tamarapickens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 shred about 2 weeks so far, but first week was hard couldn't do it everyday. On my 4the day of continiously doing it. For me it's a good work out. i am feeling everything get toned and stronger. I also walk stairs at work and go walking as much as i can . The important thing is to get moving. Find something you like and just do it. Alternate if you get bored.
  • sunnykb
    sunnykb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred. I lost close to 10 pounds and a lot of inches. You get what you put in. You have to give it your all.
  • richelle414
    richelle414 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now and loving it. I've started, and never completed it, several times!! I put my scale away for the month and did a before pic. I'm only on day 6. I can't wait to see final results!!
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to do this workout. I've always had good results. It's nice and short too!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Would any of you recommend this for a slightly overweight middle aged woman, who only sporadically exercises? I am wondering if the people who have responded to this thread are all young women, who exercise often. Thank you.
  • tracywhitener1203
    tracywhitener1203 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am 41, and when I started I was VERY out of shape. I am 5'7" and 150-155 that was mostly fat from bad eating, too much alcohol, and no activity.
    I purchased JM Ripped in 30 because I get bored easily and it was an easy for me to set a goal of "I will just get through week 1, then week 2" etc. I changed my eating habits and cut WAY back on drinking (which was harder than the workout, lol). I will not lie, the first 3 days was horrible. I couldn't keep up, I couldn't even do 1 lunge, but I knew I didn't have to be perfect, I just had to do it! By the end of week one I was addicted to how great I felt and just kept going.
    I still struggle through some of the moves, but that's ok, I just do my best and try harder each time. I am about to start round 2.
    I only lost 5 lbs, but I feel great and lost 4" in my waist, and 2" in my hips and 1 3/4" in my thighs. I really liked it and just bought her Killer Buns video that is about 40 minutes and leaves you with a nice burn and a little change up.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Thanks! Your comments have inspired me. My library has a copy of it and I just put it on reserve for me.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Would any of you recommend this for a slightly overweight middle aged woman, who only sporadically exercises? I am wondering if the people who have responded to this thread are all young women, who exercise often. Thank you.

I'm a very overweight middle aged woman ha ha. I can do the easy version, it's not a long programme and you can adjust to your own pace, but I would say do it every other day not 30 days straight.

It does really work though, by day 6 with breaks every other day I had still lost inches.

X

• MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Thanks for your reply!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes just finished beginner shred and down 14lbs in 45 days. On to the original 30day and ripped in 30 after that. I walk/hike a bit too
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and weigh 158lbs at 5ft 7in. I do exercise regularly. I'd recommend leaving one or two days between each session of 30 day shred as you will have muscle soreness after the first few sessions. Also, wear proper trainers/running shoes when doing the workout- this will reduce the jolting on your knees etc.

• chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I did her 30 day shred a couple years ago for 60 days losing a total of 40 pounds by logging all of my food and trying to stay within 1200 1600 calories a day I also did stretching daily and walked occasionally
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!