Starve All Day, Binge at Night

Options
2»

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @TheRambler - I had success with it about 2 years ago. It seems to help break through plateaus or after a high sodium "splurge" meal. I was recently at a weight loss plateau for over 3 weeks and I fasted about 3 mornings during a week and by the end of the next week my weight went down. I also eat healthy during the week and then allow 1 splurge meal on the weekend. I have my weight loss set non-aggressively (losing about 0.5 lb a week), so that I can eat more calories. I only have about 10 lbs (if that) to lose. I am currently slow and steady. Currently working on not focusing so much on the number on that scale because I am doing great with my workouts and seeing results in the mirror. -And truly that should be more important than a number. It's hard because it's all mental.

Good luck and keep it up!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Maybe low carbing isn't for you
    Regarding binging it's because your feeling deprived you don't need help with that its easily figured out
    You have said you need to eat whilst you think you can = you feel deprived so your weightloss plan isn't working for you emotionally
    As you've lost loads and now struggle this way stop cutting carbs so low I lost 71lbs never took any notice of carbs etc I just made sure I had a treat ate protien and porridge helped a lot

You don't have a problem you just feel deprived as your binging when you feel your not on plan so to speak
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hmm why are all the posts about chewing and spitting out food flagged? That is not normal and very disordered.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Hmm why are all the posts about chewing and spitting out food flagged? That is not normal and very disordered.

Some people can't handle the truth.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Have you consulted with your doctor about this? I would bring this post to your doctor and let them know of this. Sounds like you have an eating disorder, and I think you should seek professional help.
    Food isn't "bad" and spitting it out actually harms your teeth not sure if you know. Starving yourself is not the answer and mindless binging isn't either. You're probably under-eating in the morning, and you can definitely lose weight while eating a sustainable amount of food.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Please discuss this with your doctor.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    hollyfoord wrote: »
    Never heard of intermittent fasting before now. Definitely something I'll look into to see if I can 'slide' into that as a way to regulate my habits into something productive & get away from bad behaviours. Also, agree I'm very 'emotional' about food - trying to fix that too...

I get where you're coming from. We all like to eat and hey sometimes it's for comfort too. I do intermittent fasting just SO I can eat bigger meals at lunch and dinner. Seems to be ok for me, but maybe it's not for you.

I think you need to reward yourself during the week in smaller ways. What your describing seems like binge eating. I'd say you need to get mentally into this. Some people (me included) find that eating a lot of protein earlier in the day can keep us satiated throughout the day. This could be a good strategy for you, but I think you ought to consider changing from what you're doing to something a little more balanced.