can anyone help me with this problem?

Options
Please I need help! I was a lazy person with a very poor physical condition, and a few time ago decided to change. I started to do some exercise like walk, play tennis..with counting calories with MFP and I started to loose weight. Then I liked the feeling so I'm started to do Supreme 90 days system (with dumb bells) just 3 times a week, and one week ago started with the program 6 days a week of workout and one of rest. My problem? I'm just stuck in my weight, even I gain 2 pounds! I know that this could be happen but.. how much I'm going to gain? I'm going to loose weight with this program? It is really frustrating (i'm not loosing inches neither) some advice??

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When you up the intensity of a workout, you can see some gain as your body adjusts and your muscles retain water. Give it some time. It's normal to have weight fluctuations as well as periods where you see no loss. While the formula seems simple, weight loss isn't linear.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    When you up the intensity of a workout, you can see some gain as your body adjusts and your muscles retain water. Give it some time. It's normal to have weight fluctuations as well as periods where you see no loss. While the formula seems simple, weight loss isn't linear.
    ^^This.

Also, did you up your calories at all to keep up with the increased exercise?
  • ingrid_sepulveda
    ingrid_sepulveda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my goal of calories is 1200, and actually I'm trying to eat around 1500 (at the first time i was thinking that that was the reason of my weight gain) but im not sure of how many calories i am burning with this system.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    did you check your BMR and TDEE?

That will help you tailor your caloric intake.

Also I wouldn't use the "strength training" function. I use the calethetics on MFP- strength training itself on here is a joke- it logs very few calories. So ALL of my entries are made under cardio- Calisthenics (push ups, sit-ups), vigorous effort.

It's way more accurate than their version of "weight lifting"
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I found that if I work out all the time that I wont lose weight. So I MAKE myself take the weekend off. I eat like I usually do during the week I dont go all gungho and cheat like crazy. I also sleep in. I found after doing this for the past few months as I got closer to my goal weight that I lose after the off days. Sometimes its 1-2 pounds. Sometimes our body needs the rest. I'm listening to mine and it works for the best. Hope this helps :)
  • ingrid_sepulveda
    ingrid_sepulveda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thankyou very much to all for your comments:smile: