Deluxe stir-fry

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
You know how you can buy those bags of deluxe stir-fry vegies with water chestnuts, broccoli, baby corn cobs, etc.? How do you cook that? I've wasted two bags trying different things. It just ends up tasting like nothing or too salty, whatever. Suggestions, please!

Replies

• worldtravelgirl98
    Options
    I follow the directions on the back on the bag (I stir-fry the veggies). It has turned out fine everytime I have done this. If you are unfamiliar with how to stir-fry, you can probably find a video on youtube. If that isn't working for you, you could try steaming them, or just not adding the sauce packet (you could use a different sauce that you like). Anyway, hope this helps!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    We use those all the time!

Take out some boneless, skinless chicken breast. Chop it up. Cook it thoroughly in a large pan with a little olive oil. Add the stir fry veggies, and steam them with the chicken. After about 5 mins, add a jar of La Choy Duck Sauce. Mix well. Let stand 5 mins. Serve over rice with La Choy crunchy chow mein noodles. DELISH!
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    We use those all the time!

Take out some boneless, skinless chicken breast. Chop it up. Cook it thoroughly in a large pan with a little olive oil. Add the stir fry veggies, and steam them with the chicken. After about 5 mins, add a jar of La Choy Duck Sauce. Mix well. Let stand 5 mins. Serve over rice with La Choy crunchy chow mein noodles. DELISH!

This sound delish! Got the numbers on this recipe?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yup! You can check out my food diary for Wednesday night (tomorrow), we are having it, so you'll get a more precise calorie/per serving idea.

Here's my official recipe, complete with cals

SUBLIME STIR FRY (Makes 4 Servings):
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
    2 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 cup minute rice (will make four 1/2-cup servings)
    1 bag frozen stir fry veggies (pick your favorite, there's lots of different varieties)
    1 jar La Choy duck or sweet & sour sauce (plum sauce is great too)
    Optional ingredient: La Choy Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles

Chop chicken. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Cover chicken & cook thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Add stir fry veggies, mix well & re-cover. In separate pot, prepare minute rice as directed on box. Add duck sauce to stir fry, stir well. When veggies are heated through, serve stir fry over 1 cup rice. Top with crunchy chow mein noodles if desired. Don’t bother wasting your money eating at a Chinese restaurant. Stave off your craving instead with this mighty meal for less than 700 cals!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I buy them all the time at Walmart ( The GreatValue Brand) And I cook them with 4 oz of Chicken or 4 oz a lean steak sliced very thin or some shrimp. Making it tonight with dinner :) U can check out my food dairy for the # Totals

I cook the meat first sprayed with a bit of Olive Oil Favored spray, then cook the meat, add the package of frozen stir fry and mix well over medium heat..then I use Kikkomans stir frey sauce, has No fat, mix it well again and cook till veggies are tender but not mushy..let the sauce cook in and absorb. ( i use 2-3 Tbs of Sauce) and serve over 1/2 cup of white rice..

Love it and its lo cal and lo fat :)
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    THANKS Y'ALL! Great ideas and so quick! Keep 'em coming!
    :flowerforyou: