Any thoughts?

Options
Ok so im worki g 4 days nx week and then 4 days off.
Mon to thur i intend to put my calories at 1150
And then fri sat sun at 1475
(Fourth day off is mon i ontwnd to eat alot of fruit to make up for weekend)

So the weekend looks like this
Fri breakfast out and takeaway curry
Sat bacon s/w breaksfast ham s/w lunch twa lamb soup
Sun breakfast out. No sure on tea.

The reason for those meals is i have my brother in law down those days and i dont want to be servi g him a salad lol.
And have things planned/days out

I have been super good for 60 days now and i have loat juat over a stone.

The above caloiries are so i hopefully can manage some weight lose.

Or the other option is maintance calories for those 3 days and normal 1290 calories for the begini g of the week.

Any thoughts?? I do sometimes overthink things and get in to a flap.

I just would.like other peoples opionions

Thanks in advance

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Please use words. It helps people understand what you are asking.

There's nothing wrong with eating at maintenance for a few days, if that is what you want to do. It will just take you longer to reach your goal. Also, there is no reason why you can't serve your brother a non-salad meal and you just eat smaller portions so you remain within your calorie goals.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It seems like a reasonable plan to me. maintenance would be fine, too, and would probably be my choice.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That plan is resonable. I did something similar as you think of you calories over a full week rather then daily.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Sounds okay to me. Not something I'd want to do but nothing wrong with it.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think you might struggle to fit a breakfast out (I'm assuming you mean a full English?) and a takeaway curry in to 1475 calories, a fry up alone can be near 1000.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That plan is resonable. I did something similar as you think of you calories over a full week rather then daily.

Well.i do daily calories but then by weeknd i do look at my average and then see if i have enougj for a extra treat at weekend,son in effect "bank" calories
  • LisaMoxon155
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think you might struggle to fit a breakfast out (I'm assuming you mean a full English?) and a takeaway curry in to 1475 calories, a fry up alone can be near 1000.

• LisaMoxon155
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sorry thing sent
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Sorry whole post not sending
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your plan is fine but how can you be sure on the calories in take out and restaurant food? I think that is the weakness in your plan, if any. My best estimate of my weekly Sunday morning breakfast at Pete's Place, a 3 egg western omelette, real home fries, whole grain toast, is 1350 calories and that's just one meal.
  • LisaMoxon155
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I understand about 1475 calories will not happen when i have a breakfast and a curry. Its just breakfast will be at 8am and dinner wont be til 6pm. And we have a guest at 6pm fwho wants a curry.

We will travelling in between those times. I dont want to be stoppi g off in motorway.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    I think ill try the lower calories for mon to thurs.
    As i kinda do that now and look at over all week on sunday night.

I mean a couple weeks ago i was munus 420 one day but then by end of week (mon to sun) i still have 500 something calories left

Thanks for everyobes thoughts
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Your plan is fine but how can you be sure on the calories in take out and restaurant food? I think that is the weakness in your plan, if any. My best estimate of my weekly Sunday morning breakfast at Pete's Place, a 3 egg western omelette, real home fries, whole grain toast, is 1350 calories and that's just one meal.

I know what ur saying. Trying to find calories i "think" mighy cover it has been a nightmare
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options

I know what ur saying. Trying to find calories i "think" mighy cover it has been a nightmare

It definitely is. And, if you are off by three or four hundred which is pretty easy to do when you're dealing with food you didn't prepare yourself, it could have a measurable impact on your weight loss.