Female, 5'5", 170-135: Progress Photo

half_moon
half_moon Posts: 807 Member
edited March 2017 in Success Stories
wrkwejdwoaal.jpg

My progress so far! July 2015 - February 2017

Posting to hopefully inspire someone to start living a healthier and more active lifestyle----and also posting to see if anyone could give me feedback on how I could get past a 3-month plateau. For both reasons, here is my typical diet (calories around 1,500) and fitness habits:

Typical diet:
Breakfast---
Overnight oats with scoop of vanilla protein
Banana
Snacks---
Carrots & celery with hummus
Lactose (& sugar) free Carbmaster yogurt with Kind's dark chocolate granola
Atkins meal bar
Lunch---
Turkey meatballs or vegan black bean & quinoa burrito
Salad with Caesar dressing
Dinner---
Chicken with roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potato etc)

Workout regime:
5 - 6 days a week, 1 hour/day of crossfit
Sometimes substitute with 35 minutes of running (3.5 miles)

(Also to note, both photos are in swimwear and sports bras.)

Replies

• andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Yay!!! 5'5" also. I started at 173 and am trying to get to 135. This is very inspiring to me! Awesome work. You look amazing!!
  • Engytiger
    Engytiger Posts: 12 Member
    Wow good job you totally changed! My platuea was killed by intermittent fasting. Which is basically eating at 12 and eat nothing after 8, also if you can do your workout before you eat at 12 it works the best. Good luck!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Great job! :smiley:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Great progress!

As for your plateau, how long since you lost and do you weigh all solids and measure all liquids?
  • pdixon28
    pdixon28 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job! I started Atkins 72 induction today. I'm also 5'5 and 170..my goal is 140ish. This is inspiring...thanks!
  • MrsLuca
    MrsLuca Posts: 34 Member
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    half_moon wrote: »
    wrkwejdwoaal.jpg

Mind if I ask what sports bra that is?? I need a new one and that looks awesome.

Thanks for asking; I was wondering the same thing.
  • SassMasterPZA89
    SassMasterPZA89 Posts: 6 Member
    You look wonderful! I do have to ask, is your sports bra comfortable? By the way you are standing it doesn't look like the fit is comfortable. It looks a tad small. Although it's super cute and I like the no "uniboob" I seem to suffer from XD
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    You've certainly inspired me - I have similar stats to you and would love to see similar success!
    You rock!
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    I am also 5'5" at a little over 200lbs. My goal weight is 150. This is an inspiration for me because I have been struggling to get back into the groove I had years ago. I still go to the gym consistently though. I would suggest that you do calorie cycling. Look it up
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    You look fantastic! I'm just starting out on my journey. I've posted start photos, but hopefully I can follow up with some awesome success photos like you!!!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    MrsLuca wrote: »
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    wrkwejdwoaal.jpg

Mind if I ask what sports bra that is?? I need a new one and that looks awesome.

Thanks for asking; I was wondering the same thing.

Me too....but for different reasons
  • brock2k12
    brock2k12 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey guys! Sorry, it's been a while!

The Sports Bra: It fits me better now that I've lost more weight, but it was a cheapo bra online. It's actually absolutely wonderful. I ordered a few of them! I can PM you the website if you want.
    Amazing work!! Great progress - you are definitely an inspiration! Thank you for sharing :)

I had a personal trainer for a bit last year and in our preliminary meeting, she asked what I would eat if I was eating "really good", and I said a day very similar to yours, especially the overnight oats with fruit for breakfast. She immediately pointed out the lack of protein and the very high carb count. Obviously you're adding the protein, but from a glance over your regular day the only thing that stands out to me is the carbs....oats, banana, carrots, sweet potato, quinoa. Keep an eye on your macros, maybe it's an area you can change up to bust thru your plateau? I'm not pushing low carb, just offering a possibility...?

Seriously amazing work!!

And this totally worked! I couldn't stop pleatauing, and while my motivation and desire was there, I couldn't get where I wanted. I lost more weight, but it didn't look great. Started focusing on macros and paired up with a coach and it worked miracles! So you were totally right!

This was a bit ago, and 2017 was a year where I had all the motivation and want in the world but none of the knowledge! I was at a caloric deficit and on a several-month plateau. I tried the keto diet and it ruined me because of my hormones got all out of whack from it, and I ended up gaining 9 pounds doing three weeks of keto. I got off that and just felt sort of deflated. After a few months, I started with 22 Fit and learned about macronutrients and what my body needed, etc. Now I weigh 135 but look totally different than in the photos here. I'll have to take an updated progress pic in this same outfit so you guys can see the different body comp makes! Yay, macros! It takes a while to find what works for everyone, I think. This year was a breakthrough year for me, and I'm so excited for what the future holds <3

Fantastic results, keep it up! Could you PM me the link for the bra too please? I have such a hard time finding good ones.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    You go girl
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!