HUMOR ME.....

Options

Replies

• brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm angry and bitter about life. Which translates to stress and coping mechanisms that hold me back from my true potential.

You probably have heard the cliché "I will pray for you" but I lived my life this way for many years and still have to fight its demons and God is the only thing that gives me any peace
  • brettr23
    Options
    Laziness.
    I get all hyped up and motivated to work out in the morning....then my alarm goes off at 530am and I'm like "noo...I need 30 more minutes!" and nothing happens. I get my girls ready for the day and dropped off at their grandma's, then I'm off to work. By the time I get out of work, pick up the girls, get home, make dinner, help with homework, bath and bed time, I don't feel like doing anything. I'm not a complete goner though, I can atleast meal prep breakfast and lunch for me for the week....but seriously, finding the time to work out, then actually STICK to a routine, seems impossible. But that's just the lazy me talking.
    I'm getting fed up with my weight loss. It's been pretty slow moving for me over the last almost 8 months. I've lost 23lbs, but I keep juggling the same 3lbs and can't seem to break steadily into the 170s and it's really ticking me off!

May just be transferring to muscle...if nothing changes lower your cals..if nothing changes then have a cheat meal
  • brettr23
    Options
    jnomadica wrote: »
    Injuries/ailments. I had a serious neck injury last year, along with a chronic quad injury and horrible plantar fasciitis. Im 39 but sometimes I feel 80! Im back to working out but I can get discouraged about not being able to be as fit and active as I was a year and a half ago. And I can't eat as much! I'm working on accepting my limitations.

Tore my tricep and pec on same side both in 12 months of one another
  • brettr23
    Options
    brettr23 wrote: »
    jnomadica wrote: »
    Injuries/ailments. I had a serious neck injury last year, along with a chronic quad injury and horrible plantar fasciitis. Im 39 but sometimes I feel 80! Im back to working out but I can get discouraged about not being able to be as fit and active as I was a year and a half ago. And I can't eat as much! I'm working on accepting my limitations.

Tore my tricep and pec on same side both in 12 months of one another

Totally understand
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'm angry and bitter about life. Which translates to stress and coping mechanisms that hold me back from my true potential.

You probably have heard the cliché "I will pray for you" but I lived my life this way for many years and still have to fight its demons and God is the only thing that gives me any peace

It's funny you mention that. I lived most of my life growing up as an athiest of sorts, but as I get older I have become much more receptive to religion. I'm not sure it gives me peace, but I've found more love for others. I still have plenty of years of working the anger out ahead of me. Thanks!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What is one thing in your life that hinders your goals, that you need to get rid of but haven't? Can be fitness goals, personal goals, relationship goals. Hold nothing back and be brutally honest with you!!!!

Myself. Worst enemy.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well I've been back in the gym now for 6 weeks (or so) I've gotten into a good routine of going 4-6 times a week. However, I've not really been focusing on my diet (at all) and so although Im fitter and stronger, I've not actually lost any weight.........
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Binge eating. It's a major saboteur, but I'm finally aware of it and I'm actively working on it.
  • brettr23
    Options
    sgfwinters wrote: »
    Binge eating. It's a major saboteur, but I'm finally aware of it and I'm actively working on it.

THATS GREAT
  • brettr23
    Options
    well I've been back in the gym now for 6 weeks (or so) I've gotten into a good routine of going 4-6 times a week. However, I've not really been focusing on my diet (at all) and so although Im fitter and stronger, I've not actually lost any weight.........

DIET IS MORE THAN HALF THE DEAL I WOULD SAY
  • brettr23
    Options

It's funny you mention that. I lived most of my life growing up as an athiest of sorts, but as I get older I have become much more receptive to religion. I'm not sure it gives me peace, but I've found more love for others. I still have plenty of years of working the anger out ahead of me. Thanks!

THAT is the best thing I have heard...I too was agnostic I would say and now believe in God/Jesus...I had questions but experiences in life and feeling the presence of a God in things that really couldn't be explained otherwise changed my heart...life does that and it is all part the plan
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Kids! I have too many kids! I'm starting to feel like old mother hubbard.
  • brettr23
    Options
    Kids! I have too many kids! I'm starting to feel like old mother hubbard.

How many you got?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    myself. lol. i'm always getting in my own damn way.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I usually choose time with my husband and son instead of working out. I have eating mostly under control, but "finding" time to get exercise in is harder now than when I was single. I could spend hours in the gym when I was alone, I love it.
  • SparkleBunny_93
    SparkleBunny_93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My health and the Dr's who can't decide what's wrong... Two years after the initial incident I'm too heavy and need to lose weight, but at last advice was not to do more than everyday exercise...

F*** it, I'm walking 16 miles for charity next month. The Dr's make me worse trying to make me better, so I'm gonna help and support my friend on her walk. My parents and I agree that it will make my issues worse, but they are convinced that maybe worse will help make me better. There might be something the Dr's can actually see, that is wrong.
  • brettr23
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    myself. lol. i'm always getting in my own damn way.

ME TOO
  • brettr23
    Options
    I usually choose time with my husband and son instead of working out. I have eating mostly under control, but "finding" time to get exercise in is harder now than when I was single. I could spend hours in the gym when I was alone, I love it.

GET IT IN
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The scale! It's my enemy. I can't live with or without it. I find it so hard to stay away and it makes life hard for me. A water weight gain discourages me.
  • brettr23
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    The scale! It's my enemy. I can't live with or without it. I find it so hard to stay away and it makes life hard for me. A water weight gain discourages me.

If I am dieting for a show I pay it attention but otherwise I go by how I feel...how I feel about me and how I feel health wise