Lean Cuisines to break a plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the two weeks part, that's not a plateau just really really frustrating. I'm usually tired when I get home from work, so I have a LC and punch it up with something. IE the spaghetti in meat sauce I add extra mushrooms, or the tikka marsala I'll add peas. I have taken them for lunch too when I was a bad person and didn't prep.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LC is usually high in sodium. Everytime you plateau just reduce your calories by 100-200.

**Edit** I cook a lot at home too and trust me I know how daunting it can be. What helped me is I only measured and tracked each meal ONCE and wrote it down, so if I ever made it again I had the info already.

Make a bunch and freeze it/can it as previously said above, trust me it helps IMMENSELY
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna use these for lunches again, seems I had my most successful weeks while eating them
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For me, the sodium makes me way overeat but bulking it up with lots of greens definitely helps. I swear there is something magic in spinach
  • whitpauly
    Options
    I usually bulk then with broccoli but I bet spinach would be awesome in the chicken carbonara I'm taking today
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually have a LC or Smart Ones for lunch every day during the week and I've been consistently losing.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I always have LC or Lean Pockets in my freezer. Not a thing wrong with eating them. But I think 2 weeks is nothing to get too worried about. Maybe wait another couple of weeks.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get in the habit of adding all my recipes for the week on Sundays when I have a bit of downtime. And I've started to skip ingredients like spices because if it adds 5 calories overall to something that will make 4 servings? I don't have that kind of time. (To clarify, I still use them when I'm cooking, I just leave them out of the recipe builder.)

I cook the vast majority of our food from scratch, but I always have a few packaged things in the freezer for emergencies. I think I'd go crazy if I had to eat them for 2 weeks straight though because they're never as good as what I can make for myself.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I use Lean Cuisine alot for lunch at work. The only problem I have with them is they are mostly carbs. If you are satisfied with that amount of food then give it a try. I find I am often hungry an hour or two after eating one. I think if I were getting more protein and less carb that might not be as much of a problem. Depending on your calorie allowance you could add some lean meat and veggies like suggested above.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There aren't that many choices of lean cusine. If you like to cook, I'm surprised you want to go that route rather than work on your meal planning skills (which you will need forever)

When you cook, make enough for leftovers, which are thus in your history and easy to log.

Don't get pedantic when creating your MFP recipes. The purpose is calorie counting, not as a cook guide. You don't need to bother with spices and can focus on just entering key ingredients that add calories or fiber.

If you made one soup that is calorie similar to another soup, just log the one you already have in recipes.

To break your plateau, try a fast day or two.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice a lot. And I don't know where the sodium rap comes from, they tend to have about 25% of your daily sodium.

But people with HBP or other conditions are supposed to eat a lot less salt than the daily sodium.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Also the 2,300 mg of sodium for the daily limit is considered an "upper limit" and 1,500 mg is a better amount for most adults.
  • whitpauly
    Options
    Lean Cuisines are okay, but Amy's microwaveable meals are the bomb. Mmmm.

I love Amy's! Especially the burritos
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised by some of my recipes, try and add them into the recipe builder. I frequently use that feature
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    As far as making your cooking/logging easier, have you tried simplifying your meals? I basically rotate the same 4-5 dinners, all in almost the same proportions so I can weigh it then just use saved meals from my own logging past. It's made it a lot easier on me.

You can try whatever you think will work for you, lasting weight loss is about you learning about yourself and what works for you. Making my meals more simple has helped me, but I won't say I don't bring a LC once a week or so because it lets me sleep in. Flexibility is usually a good thing but I wouldn't start to rely on them.