Golfing with a cart and calories

Options
I am heading off to Arizona for vacation, and we play a lot of golf. I was wondering what you guys think a round of 18 holes and riding a cart burns in calories? I googled it, and it came up with 1,000, but that seems rather high to me. I am just wondering what you guys think.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1,000 lol......Oh my - I wouldn't log that many even if I carried my bag (and walked) the whole way.

I would call it a couple hundred tops (I'm not a big person).
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I did some research a while back on it and even walking 18 holes wasn't significant. If you're carting it around the course, then it will be even less. I'm not one of those people who feels the need to be 100% accurate with every single thing I do, so I never bothered logging it. If you think you'll be playing every day, or at least more days than not, then maybe just increase your activity setting 1 notch while you are out there. If you want to log it specifically, then I wouldn't go any higher than a few hundred cals.
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I am leaning towards not counting it, but vacation leads to extra calories, so I was just curious. I plan on running out there, so I'll count that. Thanks!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am leaning towards not counting it, but vacation leads to extra calories, so I was just curious. I plan on running out there, so I'll count that. Thanks!

Whether you count those calories or not, is it really going to make a difference in your vacation caloric intake? Don't count those cart riding rounds, enjoy your vacation, and get back on track when you get back. How many weeks will you be doing this? A vacation of a week or two, not going Hog Wild, shouldn't be that big a thing.