Been doing this for 100 days and no results...

Ok, so I've been logging my food daily for 100 days and have not lost even 1 pound. Clothes are still fitting the same. I work out 3 days per week for 40-70 minutes at my martial arts classes. I've tried playing with calories, going down, adding more, to no avail. I'm 5'2 and 160 pounds. I just want to lose 15 pounds. Anyone have advice out there to help me lose SOMETHING?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    How many calories are you eating?
    Are you eating back "exercise calories"?
    Are you weighing all solids and measuring all liquids?
    Are you guesstimating or using precise measurements?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you weigh everything on scales?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I think of this as simple math. If you are truly in calorie deficit, you must lose weight. It is not going to be possible to maintain weight if you are burning more than you consume in my opinion. You could have foods that are higher in calories than labels, databases or estimates are saying.
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    I'm 5'2" and have gone from 183 to 162 in just over two months. I started at 1360 calories per day (1lb per week) and lost faster than expected. I am now losing at about that rate while eating 1320 per day.

If you're not losing weight, you're eating too much. Being 5'2" requires a lot less calories and a lot more precision to see results. The chart above is very helpful and accurate. Good luck.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Somewhere along the line your math is incorrect as far as calories in/ calories out. If you are more detailed on your tracking practices we might be able to help pinpoint where the discrepancy is!
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    I say bump to all the above suggestions and maybe drink more water to make sure you are properly hydrating.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    The hour in the gym is great..but what are you doing the other 23 hours? I think sometimes it's the little things that add up.
    Some things that impact my weight loss..Getting enough sleep? Are you eating your vegetables? Getting enough fiber? Are you drinking your calories? Sitting for 8 to 15 hours a day? Do you make an effort to fit in bursts of activity thru the day? How are you handling stress? Drinking water? Have you challenged yourself in the gym or doing the same routine?

And of course its all about what happens in the kitchen.