Just counting calories "Whaaaaatttt"!

Options
Happy Friday MFP. Love that click bate!!! I am attempting to JUST COUNT CALORIES, not worry about sugar, carbs, or anything else this week. For all you calorie counting gurus out there and I mean that in a very respectful way... :D can I do it?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Yes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs eating what ever I wanted and didn't pay a single bit of attention to anything but calories.

Can you? Maybe, but it depends on how your body is. It is sure worth a try :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »
    Happy Friday MFP. Love that click bate!!! I am attempting to JUST COUNT CALORIES, not worry about sugar, carbs, or anything else this week. For all you calorie counting gurus out there and I mean that in a very respectful way... :D can I do it?

Don't know, can you???
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs eating what ever I wanted and didn't pay a single bit of attention to anything but calories.

Can you? Maybe, but it depends on how your body is. It is sure worth a try :)

Thanks you!
  • MrsKila
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »

Don't know, can you???

Yup!!!
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Sure.

Thanks you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's what most people here do-count calories. Why couldn't you?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It was all I did for quite some time, and it worked just fine. When it's time to make swaps, you'll know, and you'll do it on your own terms.
  • MrsKila
    Options
    I thank all of you that have a positive response! It reminds me of why I love MFP! I will do an update next Friday. Thank you everyone. My goal is 2 lbs. With my weight two pounds is definitely achievable!
  • glenskin
    glenskin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep tho I would say stay away from alcohol and possibly bread/heavy starch stuff like potatoes,pasta etc and eat as much fruit green stuff as possible. You want to try to reprogram your brain so that if you stop counting you don't just go back to where you were before. Yo-Yo ing is a killer and super unhealthy
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yep, lost around 50lbs that way, improved all my health markers in the process as well.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well I have. 4.4kg in 30 days
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Certainly can just count calories. I think it's easier for beginners to just count calories as it's only one change. Then, they realise using half their calories on unfilling junk/sweets is leaving them with no room for filling foods, so they change what they are eating naturally. It's not a change forced by someone else. I think it's a much less confronting method than a lot of the other methods as you find what works for you.

This is exactly what I did. If you don't alter the foods you eat, you will likely end up feeling hungry a lot but no need to make major changes that will be difficult to stick with. Over time, you'll figure out the foods that fill you up efficiently and your diet will improve gradually in a comfortable, easy to maintain manner.

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'll see your click bait and add you a apple cider vinegar detox.

Counting calories with weighing food seems daunting, and it's a little annoying at times, but I know exactly what goes in the face hole, even with a lot to lose still.