I just gotta say it . I flipping hate washing my hair so much

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have straight, fine hair so I have to wash it every other day or I look like a greasy truck stop wh0re.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Me too! I found that Not Your Mother's dry shampoo is the way to go. I can wash every 2-3 days instead of daily. It's awesome!!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I use to have long curly hair down to my low back...

I was it's love slave every night in the shower for atleast 30min... It had to go, but I do wish I could have it back now and a then
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have straight, fine hair so I have to wash it every other day or I look like a greasy truck stop wh0re.

that's good.... right?
  • ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I let it air dry because blow dry damages it. But it's so thick, that it seems like it is still slightly damp when I have to wash it again. I can't workout and not wash my hair because I hate the feeling of dried sweat... so I'm washing it everyday sometimes twice a day. I have long wavy blonde hair. There days when I think about chopping it all off...especially when I'm doing my Aikido and my braid gets caught up...but I like my long hair darn it!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    All silver here, way past my shoulders... non sweatier days mine gets dry shampoo and put up in some fashion. No way can I let mine air dry or I would be a a puffy poodle.

Embrace it or cut it.

How do you dry it? I hate going to beauyy patlor
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    All silver here, way past my shoulders... non sweatier days mine gets dry shampoo and put up in some fashion. No way can I let mine air dry or I would be a a puffy poodle.

Embrace it or cut it.

How do you dry it? I hate going to beauyy patlor

It ends up that I wash about average of 3 times a week.

I use a blow dryer with diffuser, but I do air dry about 1/2 way before I start drying. I use a large paddle brush that helps keep my hair separated and not in big chunks when I dry, it does help it with drying time.

I used to color mine ALOT, but Ive been completely sliver/grey since age 45 I am 48 now (I am sure a lot longer than that since I colored all the time before)..

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I so relate. The styling time is especially annoying. I try to keep simple hairstyles as much as possible for that reason.
  • MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have to wash mine every day or it's greasy. I usually skip the blow drying only shampoo my roots most days and do a hair plop in a T-shirt while I get my breakfast morning routine done. Mines super long fine & curly.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you girl! I hate washing and drying my hair also. I'm going to start HIM training in April (which calls for a workout everyday except Mondays) so I may start playing with air drying it over night and buns and.....ponytails:) Your hair is beautiful!!!!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    38btoku14e1s.jpg

Found a solution.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My pixie is delightfully easy.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I will say that the two minutes it takes to wash my hair and the 3 second that it takes to towel dry my hair is the longest 2 minutes and 3 seconds of my life. I just wish there was a better way >:)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I HATE it too!! I wash my hair once a week. It's waist long, and gets like straw if I wash it more often. I'm planning to cut it into a super short pixie next month, and I'm so excited!!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's why I use cocoa powder in my hair. It's cheap, smells nice, doesn't leave residue like dry shampoo, and actually makes my hair look way better. By the third of 4th day I have to put it up in a pony, but still...it's a clean looking pony at least.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week. Even if I run 5 miles, if it's not time to wash it I don't. The only work out I take in to consideration is swimming, I HAVE to wash my hair after swimming even with using a swim cap. I usually blow dry and slightly curl after I wash it. The next day I'll use the curling iron again or maybe the straightening iron. Day 3 I might use dry shampoo and put it in a pony tail. If I get really sweaty then after my shower I'll just blow dry the roots a bit (the roots always get a little rinsing in the shower anyway even if I don't wash my hair) and style as normal. It does not take me more than 15 minutes to style my hair. I stopped washing my hair every day about 3 years ago and have never looked back!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    @lizery you are hot
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My hair is hip length and I workout 6-7 days a week right now. I only shampoo it two or so times a week. Some days I just rinse thoroughly with water and massage my scalp. Other days I condition only. I would say 99% of the time i'm showering at night because i prefer to workout at night and i let my air dry completely while i sleep.

I think i've blow dried my hair a whopping 5 times in the past 6 or 7 years now.

Anyways, my point is... it can be done and your hair can still look awesome. Treat your hair with care as appropriate for your particular hair type and texture.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My hair takes about a good 30 minutes to dry and style with a flat iron. I can't air dry or I end up with a crazy curly mess. I use a diffuser if I want to wear it curly. Typically, I wash Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I only wash on the weekends if I am going out somewhere special.
  • neoke33
    neoke33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have thin fine naturally straight hair. Except in the summer when the Florida humidity turns me into a one of those troll dolls that you shake and it's hair goes crazy. You girls with thick lush curly hair, I want to hate you but your hair is so darn beautiful.