Cycling / Biking eye-wear (glasses)

Options
I like biking w/ my sunglasses, but on overcast days I want some clear ones. I see that they make some that are "transitions"-type. Wondered what everyone's experiences were and recommendations. Do you like the Clear? The Transition ones? Or the "yellow" ones? Or would I really actually use the ones w/ interchangable lenses (I dont' think I'd mess w/ them since 90% of my cycling is over my lunch hour - so time is of the essence).

I want to spend $75 OR LESS - so please keep that in mind as no matter how awesome your glasses are at $300 - it ain't happening (I want to save up for a road-bike first - I'm still a novice).

Thanks all!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of clear ones for night riding (nothing like a bug in the eye to ruin a great ride)or really overcast conditions and a pair with darker brown lenses that work in most light conditions.

Both pairs cost around $25 to $30 each at Mountain Equipment Co-op (in Canada) . I'll get a pair of fancy ones when Oakley decides to sponsor me!
  • jkpar03
    jkpar03 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think I spent about $60-$70 for a nice pair of Tifosi glasses at Scheels. They came with the hard case, clear, amber and polarized smoke lenses. I love them and use them everyday for riding and general wear. They breath great when riding and I can throw the hard case w/lenses in my trunk pack when riding so I can change out for rides that go later than planned.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I went the street fair route a couple years back... twenty bucks for two pairs of sunglasses - one with light and the other heavy tinting, both oversized. We get a lot of sand and dust whipping around once winter ends and road construction season starts so they're practical for that reason.