Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi I am new here and wanting to loose about 50 pounds. I really struggled with breakfast ideas and tend to have either 2 WeetBix or beans on 1 slice of wholemeal toasted bread. Will welcome any ideas and suggestions. Tia x

Replies

• allotmentqueen75
    allotmentqueen75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tend to have porridge or low fat yogurt with fruit. Depends on how much time I have to get out of the door!
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have half a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, one slice of multigrain toast topped with either a fried egg or one ounce of cheese. Often I add either a clementine or a banana. The combination keeps me full until lunch.
  • trudie501
    trudie501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try 50g smoked salmon, 50g of mixed green leaves, 1 poached egg on top, season to taste
  • chiantiOwl
    chiantiOwl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm usually on the go so I prepare a batch of hardboiled eggs for the next day or two and have peice of fruit. I try to avoid processed but I'll sometimes get a chocolate chip fiber one bar if I didn't have the time.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with granola, cereals, Eggs with bacon, eggs with steak, Eggs with greens....plain eggs..
    Fish. Oatmeal with chopped up fruit and cinnamon. Peanut Butter on sandwich thins
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like to have a ham toastie made with light spread, seeded bread and lean ham..not the healthiest of all options but very yummy and keeps you full! I also like scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on a slice of seeded bread.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today I'll have Greek yoghurt with honey, raspberries and banana. Yum!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I almost always have cold cereal - Corn Flakes, Weetabix, Cheerios, Oats & More, Shredded Wheat, Honey Bunches of Oats, etc. None of these need any preparation time. Hot cereal like oats, porridge, or Cream of Wheat take a few minutes longer.

Then I have toast with butter, jam, marmalade, egg, ham, bacon, etc.

Usually have a cup of tea with that.
  • yummymummy130911
    yummymummy130911 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone,
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My go to is bagel thin with 2 scrambled eggs with cheese made into a breakfast sandwich. I add bacos, flaxseed and sometimes spinach to my eggs.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great threads in the recipe section of the community for breakfast ideas. If you're not sold on breakfast foods, remember food is food no matter what the time, eat whatever you want! :) I usually have a PB sandwich for breakfast, since it's fast to put together.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast and one poached egg. Or overnight oats (no cooking!) stirred with plain ff yogurt and blueberries topped with nuts. Or a whole foods smoothie. Or leftover veggies over a scrambled egg.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I second the overnight oats idea. If not, I stick with plain greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of peanut butter and honey and a banana