30 day yoga challenge for plantar fasciitis & more

Options
TurquoiseTen
TurquoiseTen Posts: 14 Member
Join me to do 30 days of yoga. I will be doing a combination of hot yoga and the 30 day yoga with Adrienne challenge on YouTube.
The goal is to
1. alleviate my plantar fasciitis (and the stretching worked great so far)
2. Become more flexible
3. Feel more relaxed

So dust off those yoga mats!!!

Replies

• onebluesock
    onebluesock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! Let's do this
  • sbellis1710
    sbellis1710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I had plantar fascilitis from working too many hours with shoes that weren't good at all on concrete. Got over it by rolling a tennis ball under my foot for a couple weeks. Maybe it would help you, too?
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    A good exercise for PF is to stand on a step with just enough of your foot on the step to stop you falling off. Your heels overhanging and push down with your heels and feel the stretch. That got rid of mine very quickly
  • kchrizzy
    kchrizzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If anyone tried the roll your foot with a tennis ball recommendation. Did it initially hurt?
  • onebluesock
    onebluesock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I'm doing it properly it hurts like crazy and then eases up. It's like that when my pain is especially bad. I use a dowel like a rolling pin for my feet.
  • kchrizzy
    kchrizzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I tried it a while back for a couple of days and it hurt so bad that I thought I was making it worse. I'll give it another try.
  • S_Hinzman
    S_Hinzman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just recently started to feel burning and pain across the bottoms of my feet after attempting to try some new running shoes (at least I think that's what did it). No matter what shoe I wear now, I can't seem to get over it. I was on the treadmill yesterday with a pair of shoes that seemed to feel pretty good. After running a bit, I inclined up to 12% and took super long strides. Felt great at the time, but today it feels worse. Still using a rolling pin and stretches for my calves but this really stinks!

How is the yoga helping so far?