frozen veggies

Options
darce27dk
darce27dk Posts: 17 Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes to use with frozen veggies. The grocery store is about 45 minutes to 1 hr away from me and so frozen veggies are more 'keepable'. I have done the usual stir fry thing but am looking for new things! Thanks :)

Replies

• JKodiak217
    JKodiak217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's always soups, stews and the like - tons of different directions / flavors to go like that.

Depending on the size of the frozen veggie, you could try grilling them - but once they're frozen (like a bell pepper), they may not grill well. BUT, you can buy fresh bell peppers, corn on the cob, mushrooms, etc, grill them as kabobs, and then freeze the extra. What I have found good is to grill everything, and eat the leftovers over the next day or two - still very tasty the next day, or can be used in salads, etc.

Casseroles are a lot of fun, and can be used (like soup) to clean out the freezer / fridge / kictchen - use stock, eggs, starchy veggies (potatoes/green beans/cauliflower) to thicken it up. You can also add a low-cal crust, or make one with cauliflower (like a pizza dough recipe), for something similar to pot-pie.

Another place to search is foreign recipes - from India, Asia (you said you've stir fried, already), Latin America, Europe, and Africa - all have different recipes, and different takes on what to do with veggies, from spicy to mild, and most can be adapted to frozen or dehydrated sources.

Don't know if you're veggie-only (don't mean to offend), but meat can be a real diversifying agent when it comes to different meal ideas, as well, including how it's fixed (baked, grilled or fried).

Just some ideas. Good luck!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have a freezer full of frozen veggies - I love to steam them and add Adobe seasoning and nutritional yeast. You can use different spice mixes, depending on what you're in the mood for.