Eat Every 3 or 4 Hours ????

Options
2»

Replies

• arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you are even close to being pre-diabetic (type 2) or Insulin Sensitive or Insulin Resistant this style of eating will send your A1C right to the moon.

A1C is an average of your blood sugar for every hour of the day for 90 days so for example with 2 or 3 moderate meals a day you have elevated blood sugar levels for 4 to 6 hours out of 24.

If you increase that to 5 or 6 meals and are not extremely strict in its execution you end up with elevated blood sugar levels for 10 to 12 hours out of 24.

Trust me on this you will be sitting in the doctors office and he will be looking at your 7.2 A1C level and stroking you a scrip for Metformin (Glucophage) while you are saying but my morning fasting sugar is only 100 and my evening testing as well there must be some mistake!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I feel stuffed if I eat too frequently. It takes about 2 hours for food to leave the stomach and another couple for it to go through the small intestine. Some people could take longer. Maybe some take a little less. What food is eaten also comes into play. At any rate if I eat all these small frequent meals I just feel horrible stuffed. I like to give what goes in time to move down the line a bit. 4 hours seems to be what feels best for me. Just go by how you feel.