A journey of a thousand miles.........

....starts with one step....apparently!!!

Hi all - this is day 1 for me having been horrified at being within touching distance of 21 stones!!

I've been here before.....only once mind. In my mid-30s and being almost 20st went to WWs at the local library and 12 months later stood at 13.5 stone in my socks - how satisfying was that.....but then I just let it drift thinking I'd "done it" and could "afford" a few pounds here & there - how wrong that turned out to be and I could curse for letting it slip away....so here I am 15 years on and probably too late to avoid at least degree of damage that's already been done but I'm gonna try anyhow...

Main driver is shame at not being able to kick a ball around with my nephews, and the need to set an example to my son who is heading the same way at 17 stone - this and not being able to get Ben Sherman's for the life of me!!......4 years on SSRIs & crazy pressure at work hasn't helped & I reckon they have cost me 3-4 stone.....

Daft thing is that I don't feel morbidly obese but that's what a 40+ BMI is - and the sooner I get used to the fact the better....

Bye for now.
Bob