New member trying to GAIN weight

Hello all,

I'm here trying to gain weight because all my life I've been unhealthy and under weight. I am 5'9" and I'm supposed to be around 130 lbs (on the low end of the spectrum). Due to stress and just being a picky person and lazy cook, I weigh 113 lbs. I've tried to gain weight before through toning and eating okay, but I've never been consistent. When I talk to friends they laugh it off and think I'm being dumb for wanting to gain weight or they say to "drink mayonaise."

Therefore, does anyone have advice for gaining healthy weight? I'm a teacher with little time and any quick food or exercise tips would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Replies

• rahulpawar_
    rahulpawar_ Posts: 282 Member
    I have gained decent weight after tracking food strictly. Personally carb dense food helped to put on weight. I try to eat every 2 hours and restrict bulk meals. Almonds, cashew, yogurt, banana, chicken, boiled egg white etc are some items I consume almost every day. I don't spend time on preparing food, just buy from supermarket. Feel free to check my food diary .
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    Finally I find someone that get me! Please feel free to had me! Or msg me!
    Need a gain weight friend that's gets the pain of it! Tdy someone told me to eat peanut butter
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    drink your calories (milkshakes, mass gainers, etc), don't eat low fat/light ANYTHING...ode to have this "problem"!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I am gaining weight without drinking calories, it's doable either way. The gaining weight forum is excellent check it out!
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    My boyfriend's not far off from you - he struggles to stay above 115 (his lowest point was 109). He's found some luck with strength training and eating his carbs and lean proteins. Good luck!
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    I'd recommend having a Svunt shake every other day, or maybe even every day if you really struggle to hit your goals. Personally I'd take out the creatine and blend it with something else, but to each their own.