Hello Comunity of My Fitness Pal

jhonsnow777
jhonsnow777 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I am glad to be part of this comunity and join to people like you for achieve a better and healty body and way of life. I am new on this app and just learning about macros and calories. I dont know yet how to use the app very well. I will apreciate any help. For example i dont know how to enter my whole day meals and how to restart from begining my program. Is there someone can help mw? Thanks!

Replies

• KeeperOfCorvus
    KeeperOfCorvus Posts: 15 Member
    Hi there! Im sort of new too. Welcome to the site! I dont really know how to maneuver the app well either. But if i can give some advice, i dont focus to keenly on counting calories anymore, although I do log everything in anyways. I got a book from the Library called 'The Abs diet' and it blew my mind! It's written by the chief editor of Mens Health magazine. Its a fast read, includes exercise plan/routine, food advice and is loaded with research and statistics. There's no calorie counting and no portion control. It's all about eating the right types of foods and focuses much more on strength training than cardio. I have lots of energy, stay satisfied and I've lost 5 lbs of fat and gained muscle just in the past week or two. (Im 5'8", started at 154 lbs)It's an older book, so it may be at your local library or super cheap online. All the diets, cardio... nothing beforehand worked until I started working out like a dude. Lol ! Lots of protein and healthy foods. Hope this helps : )
  • Wentra
    Wentra Posts: 14 Member
    Hello. I'm so new to this that I don't even know what macros are in relation to dieting...
  • jhonsnow777
    jhonsnow777 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello and thanks for the fast reply. Thanks @Keeperof Corvus for your advice. I am actually eating healty i remove most carbs from my diet, bread, rice etc, low fat on meals. But i get weight very easy as i lose it. For instance the day before i notice i gain 2 pound just for eat cheese. That why i want to control better what i eat. I will take your recomendation and look it online thanks. BTW @Wentra Macros are the amount of nutrients ypu need daily to achieve your goals, for instance if you want to gain is muscle you need some amount of protein, some of grease and carbs, thid is based in whst do you want to achieve. All food give you calories but depending of your goals are you need to take this calories more from proteins, carbs or grease. Well at least is the way i think this works. Grease for example is the one that most calories add 1g is 9cal, carb and pro add 4cal per gram. So if you consume 100g of grease you will get 900cal, and mixing 100g of protein with 100g of carbs you will get just 800cal, means grease will make you gain weight fast, no matter you eat less amount.