This Is What My Wife Would Have Wanted For Me

Options
I went into quite a funk after my wife passed in 2014. I had tried to get started on healthy routines but would always go into a depression and go back to eating junk food and being lazy. This has to stop now. I had my wakeup call recently when I woke up with a blind spot in my left eye. The opthamologist said it was likely due to high blood pressure -- my eye was bleeding internally.

So I made changes again. Cut out the sodium, sugar, and overeating, and started going to the gym after work. Also on blood pressure medication that my doctor prescribed and test my BP every day. Most recent test was 108/70 a few minutes ago.

I need to make sure I stick with it this time. Not only is it what my wife would have wanted for me but I need to make sure I don't wake up with any more surprises again. Or not wake up at all. I don't honor her memory by eating ice cream and pizza and sitting on the couch.

Replies

• BrandonMaria77
    BrandonMaria77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your struggles. I love friends who motivate and inspire.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, do this for yourself and in your wife's memory. Show her that you still take notice when she is not physically present but she looking out for you just the same.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You can do this, great motivation :)
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right motivation behind you. Keep up the great work!