Advice needed please

Bit of a delicate subject.
For the last couple of weeks I have been eating healthy and doing exercises.
I use to be very regular with opening my bowels but since starting my regime it started I would miss a day, now I'm really struggling to go! Making me feel like rubbish.
I eat plenty of fruit, and foods with fiberb in.

Please has anyone experienced this when first starting out and it gets better?
Any advice please.
Thanks.

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Track your fiber content. .. Its now easy if you log your food. You may not be getting as much as you think. Drink water. Get some walking or moderate exercise in.

Also there is also the chance this is coincidence. Take some appropriate fiber supplements and the above advice.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Start eating a fiber one bar will help!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Prunes can help. Some people go every other day. It could be your body is just changing.
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    I noticed when I was eating larger amounts of fiber at the beginning that I had trouble going even when I had to go. When you change your diet from eating all you want and not dieting to restricting your foods your body just sometimes doesn't have to go as often. Get your fiber but find out how much you actually need because I'm pretty sure too much can cause periodic constipation. I'm now at a good fiver level and so it's easier for me to go.
  • lazyprincesss
    lazyprincesss Posts: 11 Member
    Water, water, water! Also, are you ovulating or approaching/currently experiencing menstruation? Because your cycle may play into this.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Definitely tons of water and fiber... but not fiber without water. Exercise and caffeine helps me too.
  • readytobeatfat54
    readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
    I had the same problem initially. You need to increase your fiber intake and make sure you are drinking enough water. There are two types of fiber, soluble and insoluble. For regular bowel movements you want to be sure that you have a high amount of insoluble fiber. The biggest brand of commercially available insoluble fiber products is Fiber One. If you buy their original cereal and have one cup it is only 120 calories and has over 20 grams of insoluble fiber. It won't usually work overnight, but within a few days you should be regular again.