Hello

Options
I need a hug :| I will be 55 in June. I would like to lose 50 lbs ( 30 would be awesome) I gave up alcohol (it will be a year in April) I have let other sugary foods (those old comfort foods) creep back in to my life. I have arthritic feet making it painful to be on my feet ( extremely difficult because I love to be outside) My husband of 30 years is having a very tuff winter. He is 13 years older, has emphysema (is trying to quit smoking) and has had some heart arythmeas that we haven't found the cause of yet.
When I put this out I feel like a whiner. I'm not. I need to get this out!
I am stressed, I am scared, and I am angry.
I am not a planner
I used to love challenges, but now I cringe at the thought of them.

I'm going to stop there. I don't want to give away all my secrets at once! Lol
If I come here everyday and express, is that OK?

Replies

• GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and can relate. Add me as a friend and I'll give u some detail on what I'm doing.
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just turned 57. I am losing weight at a great pace without a whole lot of exercise.....also have some joint pain issues, which losing weight will help with. MFP works, just as it is. Put your stats in, log everything you eat, stay at or below your cals and you will lose weight. It won't fix everything of course. It will help you feel empowered which may help with all the other things you're dealing with. Take care of yourself! ⚘