Group for 60+ slimmers

Options
Hi, I am late 60s and so want to lose weight and get fit. I need to lose 42lbs and tone up as I go. Neither will be easy as I have a dodgy senior knee and haven't worked out! My plan is 1200 calories a day, an hours walk at a moderate pace (knee - ouch!) and I am going to see how far I can get with the plank workout on here until the end of March. Then I'll weigh in. SW, WW - tried all that but failed miserably so maybe this will work. I'm going to save the £5 slimming club fee so I can spend it on something nice when I reach my goal. Anyone who care to join my group is more than welcome. Good luck to all.

Replies

• thumperj2u
    thumperj2u Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will would love to join. I am in my late 60's and find it very hard to lose weight. Glad to know others have the same problem. Good luck on this journey~~
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 69 been on here for over three years, it's a great help if you log everything anc stick with it. Good luck to all.
  • bingram39
    bingram39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :) Hi all,
    I'm 65 and trying to loose at least 10-15#. But isn't happening as quickly as I would like. Working out several times per week at a gym with Zumba a few times a week along with other exercise. I'm thinking maybe I should do some Yoga/stretch/flexibility exercise too. I'm trying more to watch the snacking, size portions and so on. Good luck as well!
  • karenahmet1954
    karenahmet1954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. I'm 63 this year, have severe osteo-arthritis in both knees and have been told I need to be 70 before they consider a knee replacement, so walking and bending exercises are very limited. I weighed almost 23 stone, and started dieting in June last year. There is no diet on this planet that I haven't tried. Most have a degree of success initially but are not maintainable for me. I lost 5 and a half stone about 18 years ago and felt fantastic. My biggest regret is putting it all back on plus some :-( I am now back to calorie counting which is the only thing that seems to work for me. I've been on Fitness Pal (my saviour) since June and lost 75lbs so far. This last week I have gone down to 1200 calories as I seem to have reached a bit of a plateau, and it was taking longer to come off. I've managed all this will no exercise, and i have a sedentary desk-bound job too. I have just bought resistance bands to try and tone up the wobbly bits. Ideally I'd like to lose another 3 stone but realise that this will be harder and take longer, but i'm in the right mindset now, and i will not be beaten. It's far from easy as I'm a chocolate and cheese addict!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    What's the name of your group? I'm 64 and here everyday for mutual support!
  • rosiegirl2010
    rosiegirl2010 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    May I join you? I will be 74 in May and have been trying to lose for some time now. I have lost 12lbs so far but it is difficult as I have mobility problems. I have just come back to logging my food and exercise. so mutual support would be really nice
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Age is no barrier we can all do this with mutual support!! Good luck all
  • HCC905
    HCC905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 69 and I need help to lose a lot of weight. I have been trying all my adult life and have been successful at times but now I am at a point where my weight is affecting my health. May I join your group?
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    HCC905 wrote: »
    Hi all! I am 69 and I need help to lose a lot of weight. I have been trying all my adult life and have been successful at times but now I am at a point where my weight is affecting my health. May I join your group?

Snap on age, please do this for you it will make such a differenc, slowly and stick with it you can make a real difference for your own good. Any questions drop a message, happy to help. Good luck