Daylight savings time

Options
It means one less hour for my body to burn calories today. Boo. At least the days feel longer now.

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For me it means one less hour of rainy weather
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    For me it means one less hour of rainy weather

Me too! Makes me like it a whole lot more to look at it that way!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It was my long run day. I burned all the calories.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    im confused how its 1 less hour for your body, the body never stops burning calories

Daylight savings day in the spring has only 23 hours. Daylight savings day in the fall has 25 hours. There is literally one less hour. It's not confusing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    im confused how its 1 less hour for your body, the body never stops burning calories

Daylight savings day in the spring has only 23 hours. Daylight savings day in the fall has 25 hours. There is literally one less hour. It's not confusing.

Not that this makes any sense, but spring DST takes away an hour while the fall goes back to "normal" time, meaning you don't gain 25 hours you just get back the hour DST takes away.

DST takes away sleep for me and makes it harder to wake up in the morning.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost nothing so far. Strictly clock speaking wise. Doesn't happen here for another two weeks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Just a note: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME was created by the Chamber of Commerce because the lighter it is outside, the more revenue is created. For example, golfing and tennis stay open longer. Also shift workers are more likely to shop when it's' daylight out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    One less hour to eat, so there's less to burn today!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I was born between start and end of DST (between spring and fall). As long as I die between fall and spring, I win!
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »

Yes, that's true, but I doubt one hour here or there will make a huge difference. :smile:
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Just a note: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME was created by the Chamber of Commerce because the lighter it is outside, the more revenue is created. For example, golfing and tennis stay open longer. Also shift workers are more likely to shop when it's' daylight out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

we live in the south, and DST is wonderful. in summer, it's too hot to do anything outside during the afternoon, we must wait until evening. in winter, evenings are dark. in summer, we still have light. i wish we could go to DST and leave it there!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    LOL, I awoke in the middle of the night, as I normally do, and when I checked the clock I was surprised and pleased to see that I had slept a whole hour longer than usual.

And then in the morning I wasn't hungry until later on in the day ... and then I logged on to Facebook and saw the post ... "Did you remember to Spring Forward today?" ... :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Why you can't fit in exercise the same as normal or do a more intense workout?
    I'm going to be awake the same number of hours that I always am.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I work third shift on Saturday nights...DST just means I had to stay until 9:30 instead of 8:30 today