Chili

Options
Hey how do enter how many calories my big
Pot of chili is? I entered all the ingredients into recipe on MFP and made it two servings when entering. That puts half the pot of chili 1680 calories?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did you eat half the pot?
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I haven't ate any yet...
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'd weigh the whole batch and edit the number of servings to be the number of grams. Then when you weigh out how much you want to eat, enter in how many grams it is as the number of servings.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I'd weigh the whole batch and edit the number of servings to be the number of grams. Then when you weigh out how much you want to eat, enter in how many grams it is as the number of servings.

Ounces might be easier to handle ... as a big pot of chili could weigh in at 3 or 4 pounds of food ... and that's like 1360- 1815 grams ... where in ounces it would be 48 to 64 ... and most scales weigh in grams or ounces.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »

This. If it's too high set it as 100g servings.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I've cooked chili that has been 5000g before and had no problems logging it in mfp
  • Famof72015
    Options
    My whole pot takes up my scale?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Well, put on your thinking cap and figure it out how to make it work. And remember that you want the weight of the chili, without the weight of the pot.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Ya I will just eat it and enjoy! Thanks
  • Famof72015
    Options
    I've cooked chili that has been 5000g before and had no problems logging it in mfp

5443 grams it is
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to understand the easier method of weighing it, then subtracting pot etc. so after I input amount of ingredients into the recipe part, I then measure how many one cups there are in it, since I choose to eat one cup of whatever at a time. I have a ladle that happens to be 1/2 cup that I use all the time. The good thing is I only have to measure it out once. I don't delete the recipe after its gone (if I plan to make it again) then I make the next batch the same way, or I edit the ingredients & it will adjust, but I keep the number of servings to how many one cup servings in the whole pot
  • Famof72015
    Options
    But how do I edit recipe and where do I put the 5443 grams?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    when you click on the recipe, it comes up & there's an edit button, then you can go thru each ingredient to delete, change quantity etc, then you type in what you're looking for, select one of them from list & there's a check mark on the right of each one to hit if you choose it. don't forget to hit save when done. Sorry, I don't do grams, I do cups