Ready for a major Change just need motivation

Options
Hey y'all I've started a new plan that I was given by the trainer at the gym today and I've decided to start following that plan now and was told if I follow that plan I will lose 30 pounds in 30 days I know I can do this just need to stay focused and keep my mind on that plan to make this happen. I know this will happen and if it does it would be a huge accomplishment for me and I'd work on other goals that I'd like to meet by the end of the year. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other and get to our goals.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in two months one winter before I discovered mfp. It wasn't sustainable and I was hungry the whole time. I never get sick, and I was sick the whole two months with every cold and bug that came near me. I gained it right back as well. I would guess I was eating about 800 calories a day but wasn't counting. I eat 1200 in weight loss now, and maintain at about 1350. Take care.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I've started a new plan that I was given by the trainer at the gym today and I've decided to start following that plan now and was told if I follow that plan I will lose 30 pounds in 30 days I know I can do this just need to stay focused and keep my mind on that plan to make this happen. I know this will happen and if it does it would be a huge accomplishment for me and I'd work on other goals that I'd like to meet by the end of the year. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other and get to our goals.

That's a very, very aggressive goal. Not sure how sustainable or healthy it is. I don't want you to burn out or get discouraged. Usually that kind of extreme plan is doctor-supervised and used by morbidly obese patients. Have you checked this out with your doctor to see if it's safe? :)
  • Ksr9981
    Ksr9981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That does seem somewhat extreme, but I wish you all the best on your plan! My plan is to lose 2 lb per week to start as a jump start goal. Then, 1 lb per week. This is a gradual lifestyle change that I want to be able to sustain. I'm on 1,280 calories per day. I have not had good results from extreme "diet"plans in the last.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    IMO that's too fast a loss. You'll lose too much muscle and not be able to sustain the loss.

2-3 is a big loss per week. 1 is more reasonable. You'll stay healthier and be more likely to stick to the new lifestyle.
  • healthylisa38
    healthylisa38 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok I know this seems like a lot in one month I've been advised by my dr to do this to help a personal health issue.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just follow your plan and have fun with it. If u fall short occasionally, that's ok. Be in it for the long haul.