Overate

Options
So today I ate at least 2700, maybe 3000 calories. Obviously bad, my goal is 1700, however on Wednesday I didn't eat (various reasons) so should I still be able to avoid gaining any weight from this aside from water weight, since my weekly calories should still be in a deficit?

Replies

• RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it and focus on your goal for tomorrow. One day isn't going to hurt weightloss as long as you're consistent the rest. Also, why didn't you eat on Wednesday? Unless you were sick or something like that,eat!
  • sarah4284
    sarah4284 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wednesday wasn't a great day, and sleeping honestly sounded better than cooking that day haha. Wasn't any hungrier the next day, don't know what it was today though, just felt starving, know I can't take back what I ate but just worried it will be a set back. 60 pounds down since august with another 100-110 I want to lose
  • antinomiancelestial
    antinomiancelestial Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Others on here have told me that diets take some getting used to; your body needs to adjust to eating less than it used to eat. My concern would be that if you're eating nothing one day and 3,000 calories the next day, your body is going to be in a kind of yo-yo situation and won't get used to a stable, consistent number of calories. It's possible that since you didn't eat the day before you overate, you'll be okay in terms of weight loss, but I definitely think it's important to keep it consistent in the long run.
  • megs603x
    megs603x Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that everyone has days where they fall off the wagon a little bit. EVERYONE.

What's bad is when you go over your calorie goal for a longer period of time and get your body used to the change in calorie intake. I don't think what you've explained is going to put you ten steps back. Eat less than your goal for the rest of your week and don't stress it too much! Consistency is key, but what you've done is nothing uncommon.

Recognize that you're upset with yourself, and use it to motivate yourself back on track. You got this! <3
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    hey you can handle this- You are still tracking and still staying in the game- that is ALL that matters- don't give up
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. If I remember correctly, don't quote me, there is a very popular trainer that says you can go over on calories one day a week by about a 1,000 calories and if you do what you're supposed to the rest of the week, you should be all good. Park a little further out all week, exercise a few minutes longer...but don't stress. Move on.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    It's a day! Most people don't necessarily look at weight for the day, but weight for the week. Sometimes if I have enough calories for the week I may have something crazy like nachos, which would normally put me over my daily calories. Shake it off, see what the scale says in a few days, after all weight loss isn't linear.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sarah4284 wrote: »
    Wednesday wasn't a great day, and sleeping honestly sounded better than cooking that day haha. Wasn't any hungrier the next day, don't know what it was today though, just felt starving, know I can't take back what I ate but just worried it will be a set back. 60 pounds down since august with another 100-110 I want to lose

Am I right in assuming that you chose to lose 2lb per week?

If yes, the you merely ate 300 cals above maintenance (+1000) over your mfp goal. Don't sweat it, even if you did eat the days before.

You may gain water weight at the most. To gain 1lb, you'd have to consume 500+ on top of your maintenance every day for a week to see a true fat gain.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1660 calories. I went to an all you can eat buffet on Saturday and estimated around 3000 calories eaten. I was up 3lbs the next day, and am back down to my normal weight today (Monday).
  • lazyprincesss
    lazyprincesss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, and stick with the diet. You're fine; it won't make a difference in the long run!