Here I am again!

Well I was in a really good rhythm with working out 5-6 days a week and eating fairly healthy. Then life got busy. I work full time and I started school back up full time after a year off. I slowly stopped working out as much and my healthy eating went down the drain. I'm lucky if I make it to the gym twice a week and not only am I eating more unhealthy foods, I'm eating bigger portions. I decided to join this again to actually see how much I'm eating and go from there! What does everyone else do to stay motivated when life is too busy? Does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• JRiveraRodriguez
    JRiveraRodriguez Posts: 71 Member
    Is there a gym on campus? Probably not the best equipment, but a quick workout during lunch hour is better then nothing.
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm super busy too but I find that planning ahead helps so much- getting up early a couple days- then the other days working out after work- eating super healthy. Sticking to my plan- going to the gym whether I feel like it or not- knowing it's worth it to me and my health. That's what motivates me! You can do it!
  • ashbash813
    ashbash813 Posts: 15 Member
    Is there a gym on campus? Probably not the best equipment, but a quick workout during lunch hour is better then nothing.

There is a gym but I'm only on campus two days a week and I go to work right after class. My lunch break is the time I spend driving to work. Haha
  • ashbash813
    risberg96 wrote: »
    I'm super busy too but I find that planning ahead helps so much- getting up early a couple days- then the other days working out after work- eating super healthy. Sticking to my plan- going to the gym whether I feel like it or not- knowing it's worth it to me and my health. That's what motivates me! You can do it!

Haha I try to plan ahead and set times to go workout but then when that time comes I'm too exhausted. Do you have any go-to snacks or meals when it comes to something quick and easy but still healthy?
  • hpacaro
    hpacaro Posts: 25 Member
    Have you tried any of the programs you can do at home? So many times we get stuck in thinking it has to be an "either...or" with the gym or working out at home, but it can be both. I teach group fitness but love my at home workouts too... sometimes putting that box around what exercise is supposed to look like is actually the one thing that keeps you from doing it.
  • ashbash813
    hpacaro wrote: »
    Have you tried any of the programs you can do at home? So many times we get stuck in thinking it has to be an "either...or" with the gym or working out at home, but it can be both. I teach group fitness but love my at home workouts too... sometimes putting that box around what exercise is supposed to look like is actually the one thing that keeps you from doing it.

I have tried at home workouts but I honestly have a harder time working out at home. There's something about the gym atmosphere that really gets me motivated and push myself. I still try to do them every once in a while but I struggle.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Maybe cut down your time at the gym - half an hour instead of longer but more frequently? You can fit a decent workout into 30 minutes.
  • ashbash813
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Maybe cut down your time at the gym - half an hour instead of longer but more frequently? You can fit a decent workout into 30 minutes.

I have been trying to make it to the gym even if it's only for 20-30 minutes. And it does make me feel better even just knowing I got a little workout in. Do you have any tips to get the most out of those 30 minutes?
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    ashbash813 wrote: »

I have been trying to make it to the gym even if it's only for 20-30 minutes. And it does make me feel better even just knowing I got a little workout in. Do you have any tips to get the most out of those 30 minutes?

I personally follow a program, currently it's Sweat by Kayla Itsines - it's 3 times a week so I find it more manageable than say the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels which is quicker, but every day - I've tried three times and never gotten further than day 6. Both are good workouts, get your blood pumping and help you build muscle - I can definitely confirm I've become stronger in the past 4 weeks!
  • ashbash813
    ashbash813 wrote: »

I personally follow a program, currently it's Sweat by Kayla Itsines - it's 3 times a week so I find it more manageable than say the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels which is quicker, but every day - I've tried three times and never gotten further than day 6. Both are good workouts, get your blood pumping and help you build muscle - I can definitely confirm I've become stronger in the past 4 weeks!

Okay thanks! I will have to look into the Kayla Itsines program. Three days a week seems manageable!