Losing weight for a surgery- reducing my BMI

Options
Hi everyone, I need to lose at least 15kgs but mid June as I have a major surgery booked. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
Would love some tips on motivation :smiley:

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Work hard. I'm not sure it's healthy to lose that much in a short time frame (unless you have a significant and substantial amount of fat to lose) but you could be well on your way. Suggestions for you very briefly (and if it isn't reasonable according to your doctor, don't do it) are as follows:

You need to believe you can do this. Commit every morning to healthy habits. Keep a journal of how you feel about what you are doing for fat loss, how you feel emotionally, what worries or stresses you, etc. Find an exercise buddy or support person in person. MFP is great but in person is better.

Unless you are quadriplegic, you can exercise something: walk, run, chair exercises, yoga, aerobics, swim... If you normally sit the majority of your day, stand. If you normally walk 4000 steps a day, double that. Park your car farther from stores. Go to the park to explore it. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Go downstairs to talk to someone instead of yelling at them or texting. Walk a dog at an animal rescue centre. Count the number of sidewalk blocks on your street. The options are endless.

I'm assuming you have a meal plan. Briefly: drink water. Drink it. Best weight reduction goal is proper hydration. Follow your meal plan. Don't cheat.

Love yourself. Love the process. It takes time but try to enjoy it.