Lunch ideas

Options
What are some good quick go to lunch ideas?

I want to start doing meal prep for the week on Sunday evenings but I don't want to get bored with the same stuff all the time.

Replies

• tracie505
    tracie505 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am boring, I do a meal replacement shake at lunch. But, I did just get some different extracts (lime, cherry, rootbeer, and lemon) to make it more fun. I prefer it this way so I can eat the same things my family does in the evening, and i don't have to take time for lunch and get to leave earlier. Win Win!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I grill a bunch of chicken breast on Sunday & parcel out into zip-lock sandwich bags (stick in the freezer). That way I can do a salad- Caesar, Cobb, Harvest, Asian.....with whatever toppings & dressings I like.

Taco chicken^ works better for taco salad. Throw chicken breasts in the crockpot with salsa and taco seasoning. Shred the meat with 2 forks.

Chicken is also great for wraps, chicken salad, burritos, etc.

Egg salad, tuna salad.

Soups & stews - freeze individual portions. I like this stuffed pepper soup: http://www.skinnytaste.com/stuffed-pepper-soup/
  • Ang_from_Colorado
    Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    tracie505 wrote: »
    I am boring, I do a meal replacement shake at lunch. But, I did just get some different extracts (lime, cherry, rootbeer, and lemon) to make it more fun. I prefer it this way so I can eat the same things my family does in the evening, and i don't have to take time for lunch and get to leave earlier. Win Win!

What kind of meal replacement shakes do you recommend? On my busy days I feel like this would be a great option
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am boring and have salad most days. However, I vary what goes in it. The basics are always lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion and radish plus ham or chicken or tuna, but then I add something else to give me variety: a handful of pasta, half an avocado, artichoke hearts, roasted courgette, tiny cubes of feta or manchega or some olives. If I know I won't have time I'll double the quantity and keep half in the fridge for the next day. You probably wouldn't want to be doing a week's worth in advance though.
  • 1234sophie
    1234sophie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every week I prep a new soup. Soups are really easy to make and are cheap. I then slowly stock different soups in my freezer.
    Also I prep a grain salad, such as cous cous, feta, beetroot, cucumber, (anything you want). I have this for 3 days and then switch to soups from my freezer for the end of the week.

Its up to you whether you want to have meal replacements but I aim for nutritious meals with carbs, proteins and fats. It will keep ls me going until an afternoon snack or even dinner. Plus they can be packed full with micronutrients (depending on what you choose to eat). Plus, its about developing new lifelong habits. Have fun meal prepping! :)