I gained three pounds

Options
I'm so upset. I need some hugs and support :(

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No need to be upset! Weight fluctuations are perfectly normal. Weight goes up and down even when following a perfect deficit. I didn't believe this when I first heard it, so I began weighing myself daily to prove it to myself. Track in a trending app like Happy Scale, Trendweight, or Libra. After 1-2 months, you see the patterns and can begin to predict the next one.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks . I just want to loose weight so bad.
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with the same thing. And then I realized how inaccurate my bathroom scale was. 4.5lb range in weight over a 15 minute span. Don't freak out; just stay the course.

PS- I bought a better rated bathroom scale.
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I gained today, too. I'm really upset because I've been working so hard. I want to be thinner, but I also have to remind myself that I have the longer term goals of feeling better and not getting sick like the rest of my family.

Your effort is worth it. You have to stick with it. :::hug::: You're going to feel great in the long run.
  • holly74uk
    holly74uk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your exercise routine in any way or increased intensity? It could be water retention which will be temporary.... but even if it's not that, try not to let it put you off.... keep going girl, you will do it !!! Big hugs xxx
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Me too! First week. Haven't weight myself since then. But I think it's partly cause I started doing calisthenics, so water retention and muscle is my guess.
  • bikerjoe83
    bikerjoe83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    holly74uk wrote: »
    Have you changed your exercise routine in any way or increased intensity? It could be water retention which will be temporary.... but even if it's not that, try not to let it put you off.... keep going girl, you will do it !!! Big hugs xxx

Damn, my first weigh tomorrow will probably add lbs on then...
  • debbiebondklein
    Options
    I don't have my period anymore. & The only thing I just started doing is walking around the block twice a day. I Thank you all for your support.
  • debbiebondklein
    Options
    Next week weigh in will be a loss. I hope
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weighing yourself more than once a week, you need to understand that weight fluctuates and your up 3 lbs could just have easily been a swing, the next day you could have been down 1.